Beginners and Beyond

Soupy Saturdailies (Read 40 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Good morning all. It is a lovely 75 degree temp & dewpoint morning. Finishing my coffee & bagel to get ready for 10 miles. I hope this is a smaller race so I don't annoy too many people with my Garmin set on run/walk intervals, which is the only way I can deal with this weather without overheating.

What's on your agenda for today?

LRB

A run, then college football at noon.

It's pretty muggy here as well, but looking at the forecast, there aren't many of these days left. Of course, I think I said that last week too. 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Another college xc meet to watch. Should get in a good fartlek workout running around to various points on the course to cheer.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I didn't get up until just before 5 AM, it was 75 degrees here too but 83% humidity and a good breeze so it wasn't awful but I decided to move my long run to tomorrow as they are predicting 59 degrees around 5 AM. I figure I can take the dogs out on the trails for a 10-11 mile run would be much more enjoyable then.

So this morning Jetta and I ran 6.2 miles out on the roads, I figure I'll save my 14 miler for next week as I can still feel that my body is recovering from the race last Saturday.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning all. It is a lovely 75 degree temp & dewpoint morning. Finishing my coffee & bagel to get ready for 10 miles. I hope this is a smaller race so I don't annoy too many people with my Garmin set on run/walk intervals, which is the only way I can deal with this weather without overheating.

I was looking forward to my Cinnamon Raisin english muffin with peanut butter and banana slices only to find I am out of them 

So I had to settle for whole grain toast.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

DH is skipping the run part, but pretty sure he'll be watching the same game.

No more marathons

Pitt vs. Penn State for the first time in 16 years.  But it's on ESPN so I'll just have to get the high (or low) lights later.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

And a new pair of Kinvara 7's are due in the US mail today - 

That will give me the tri - 5, 6, and 7.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

on my way to badass

10 miles done with training partner.  Soccer game for DS and then he has practice with travel team.  Their first game is tomorrow.  MTA- trying to not eat ALL the food.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have Barre class and 4 miles tonight.

Damaris

Brilliant

I hope this is a smaller race so I don't annoy too many people with my Garmin set on run/walk intervals, which is the only way I can deal with this weather without overheating.

Don't worry about it, as long as you stay to the side it shouldn't bother anyone.  Hope it went well!

I'm off for my 30 mile ride.  At least the weather is lovely, 60 degrees and overcast.  I have several friends here who are doing it so it should be fun.  Here goes nothing. Smile

Brilliant

And a new pair of Kinvara 7's are due in the US mail today - 

That will give me the tri - 5, 6, and 7.

Ah I love new shoes.  Congrats. Big grin  Saucony is at the expo today so maybe I'll try a pair.

LRB

DH is skipping the run part, but pretty sure he'll be watching the same game.

The hype is crazy. I saw some ding-a-ling had them in his playoff bracket. "Playoffs??" 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.7 tired miles this morning.  It was 74F, but lower humidity and a damn fine breeze.

I ran 6 yesterday morning, then the son and I went and hiked 6.5 hilly and bouldery (if that's a word) miles.  My feet were sore in strange places this morning, but I didn't give in to their whining.

We are headed to a local brewery in an hour or so, then to the next town over for my favorite non-mexican restaurant. After that we are hitting another brewery, then it's to the movies for Sausage Party.  I'm going to need a vacation from his vacation Smile.

I hope everyone has half the great day I'm going to have!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Pitt vs. Penn State for the first time in 16 years.  But it's on ESPN so I'll just have to get the high (or low) lights later.

Hopefully they continue that.