Beginners and Beyond

Moistened MONDAILIES (Read 44 times)

It's rainy out there.

I slept in and liked it. I'll hit the gym for seven tonight.

Cyberic

It's rainy out there.

I slept in and liked it. I'll hit the gym for seven tonight.

It's rainy here too. I'll run at lunch: 4-6 miles. Have a nice day.

LRB

It rained all weekend here (and quite a bit last week as well) so we are probably done with it for awhile.

delicate flower

Hello, Monday people!  And so begins another week in the meat grinder.  Yep, rain.  We need it though, so let the rain fall.

<3

From the Internet.

Running in the rain was actually really nice this morning - June 1 and I was comfortable in long sleeves, nice. We haven't had rain in like, WEEKS, my yard looks relieved!

Oh and I'm at home with a sick kid and a possibly sick cat today - vet opens in 3 minutes so I will be calling them to see if they want me to bring her in (likely yes) and how much money this will cost me ($$$). My baby girl is breathing really deeply, which is usually a very bad sign for a cat. Hopefully it's just allergies, but she also has a heart murmur and deep breathing can be a signal of heart problems, so we may be looking at a chest x-ray and a full cardiac workup.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Sorry I've been MIA but those on my fb know I've had a pretty shitty month of May. Hoping June is better. Today is a rest day due to paperwork I must start doing but am hoping to run tomorrow. Feeling my mojo return.

Happy Monday.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Little Blue

Good morning, runners! Three exceedingly slow miles for me this morning, not sure why.  My low back is super stiff, probably from three nights on a strange bed.

Nice early morning run, because of some obliviot.  Guy pulled up in his car, 50' from our open window, to fish in the lake a little before work.  He left his car stereo blaring.  HEY, MORON.  THERE WERE PEOPLE SLEEPING HERE!.  It was 6:07.

Time now to pack up the truck and head back to the heat, humidity, scattered t-storms and  ... *sob*  ... work.

Lauren ~ hope kitty is OK.  Those vet bills add up, but we do it because it's what we do for our fuzz butts.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning.

I didn't check in over the weekend but I had a good running weekend. Ran the Healthy Kidney 10K on Saturday. Ran it as a progression run and executed it well despite the sucky humidity and heat. Ran 1 mile at recover pace before the race, ran the first mile of the race at easy pace and picked up my pace about 30 seconds each mile and mile 6 was 2 minutes faster than mile 1. Then I did 1.3 mile cool down at recovery pace for 8.5 total.

Sunday I did 5 miles recovery paced.

Today I bid my beloved Monday Rest Day goodbye for the next 22 weeks, moving my spin class from Weds to Monday and adding Weds as a run day (I added Weds as a run day last week but I kept Monday as a rest day cuz it was Memorial Day and I was away so no spin).

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Nice early morning run, because of some obliviot.  Guy pulled up in his car, 50' from our open window, to fish in the lake a little before work.  He left his car stereo blaring.  HEY, MORON.  THERE WERE PEOPLE SLEEPING HERE!.  It was 6:07.

A blast in the air from a 12 gauge would have been perfect!

And lol at obliviot. I like that. 

LRB

I have been waiting on some carpet repair people for the past hour (I was given a window of 8:00 to 9:00). With any luck, they will be here before 12:00.

From the Internet.

Lauren ~ hope kitty is OK.  Those vet bills add up, but we do it because it's what we do for our fuzz butts.

Thanks! She is my baby and worth every penny I could spend on her Smile I called and told them her symptoms and that she has a heart murmur, they will see her at 9:45 but sounded kind of concerned and said to bring her in ASAP if she goes downhill. She's still acting normally, eating and drinking, hopping into my lap and purring. Hopefully it's either something minor or a heart condition that can be medicated - if they can't explain it I'll be worried!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am still a little sore, everything except for my hamstrings actually...... WTF?  I have got to foam roll my calves, they are tight as hell.

DH has decided that we are weaning Dorian off the passy cold turkey style this week, DH calls it his Jellybeans.... if you haven't seen Tropic Thunder then you won't understand.

So last night was fun, he actually fell asleep without a fuss at 9:45 PM but woke up around 12:30 and fussed, bitched and complained until around or just after 1 AM..... I am hoping the worst of this weaning process is over, the passy was just his pacifier but his chew toy during teething.

I was able to get up and go to the gym for an hour and work the Shoulders & Delts.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

10 miles.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Sending good thoughts to Lori and Lauren.

Sunday was just an easy 15-20 minute bike ride with DH. Today I slept in and only had to time to do the PT exercises I've been skipping more than I should (oops); I'll do martial arts with DS tonight.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

From the Internet.

Cat is not doing well. Glad I noticed the heavy breathing. They took an x-ray, there is too much fluid in there to see her heart and she could be in heart failure already. They're trying to clear out some of the fluid and there's a cardiologist who does appointments on Mondays only, so they're trying to bump another patient so that he can look at her this afternoon. I am really sad and really worried.