Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I feel much better with the electricity stuff all fixed.  The guy that came I really liked and the pups liked him. (that says a lot  in my book)  Took him a long time but I know things are good now and we won't have some big fire from the electrical.

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Glad to hear you are all fixed up.  We only have 110V AC in our houses (except for the 220V feed to the house) but it does not take much current to really screw things up.

All is well here, just cold.  Looks like we got some snow overnight so the neighborhood looks slippery for running.  Hopefully the surrounding roads are good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Trixie was to have a biopsy today to check for cancer but we feel she needs a bit more fattening and TLC before we bring her back.  She is acting more and more like herself but she is anemic and tired so a couple of days won't hurt.  Or so we hope.

Damaris

Marjorie, agree completely.  Having the peace of mind knowing that your electical is safer is a worthwhile investment.

Doug, no slipping.

Damaris, Good luck.

I'm up, enjoyuing a decaff hot beverage, and being lazy for a bit.  Then off to look at some smartwool baselayers, then off for a long run.  Since my week is all effed up, I'm running long today.  Plus, it's going to warm into the 40s again.  Can't pass that up.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, I have my list of things that I really want to do in 2014.  Did I tell you guys about that?  It's from a performance coach's blog -- he said that most New Year's resolutions get broken in a matter of weeks (or less) because they're never things that you really want to do.  So he suggested making a list of 100 things that you want to do, even if they're crazy or ridiculous, and then trimming by half until you have a manageable list of a few things you really don't want to miss out on.

So a couple of things on my list of 7 surprised me, but it's definitely a list I'm looking forward to!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Good afternoon everyone.  Just chilling and relaxing until I have to get ready for work.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Wandering Wally

Howdy all!  December has been speeding by in a blur.  I hope I'm ready for tax season on time.

Van - Smartwool rocks!  I like Under Armour too.  Real silk is also nice, but a little pricey.  40's sound nice.  It was in the 20's today and felt like a heat wave.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

HM, that's a great idea!  I hope you can cross off some great things in 2014!

Mike, I bought both top and bottom in the mid weight Smartwool, it felt so good. I'm hoping it will help me enjoy the cold a little more.  Need to get a thermal set of wind pants too, and then I should be good. And tax season you say?  Naw, I won't worry about that for 4 months, Wink

Have a good shift at work Cheryl.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

busy day mainly because I had to make a trip to the office to get on the network since it was locked and I couldn't get on VPN at home.  So I have to get to an office for it to clear so I can get back on.  There is no reason for it to lock.  Apparently it gets tired of logging into VPN so it freezes up.  Stupid security stuff.

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yo. Busy day, and another busy day tomorrow.

Relentless forward progress

Singer who runs a smidge

Hey all!  Marjorie, sometimes my phone won't log in to the network at work, although it's supposed to be a "one-time log in, secured network".  So in order to get it to reconnect, I have to get on the internet with my phone and go to a particular website to get it to reconnect.  Nobody seems to see the problem with this scenario!

I might leave early today, since this is my last day of work before winter closing.  Although if I don't get cracking on work, I will definitely not be leaving early today ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  We have our Christmas luncheon today.  Trixie is not improving and I might be getting sick.  On top of that, I need to draft two competing orders this week and I have not started.  Can we just jump to 2014?

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Finally got iPhone for work and they got it set up today. About time.

Marjorie

Wandering Wally

Lunch time!  I need to go make some coffee...

Damaris - No, we may not jump to 2014.  I have too much to do in 2013 yet.

Marjorie - Hurray for iPhone!

Van - The really important thing to stay comfy will be to stay dry.  Keep the sweat moving away from you.  Wool is nice because it maintains its thermal properties even when wet.  When it's really cold I'll get a layer of frost that builds up on the outside of my clothes.  That's how I know they are working right.  Well, and I don't freeze my ass off either :-D

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Glad it got all worked out Marjorie, and good luck with the iPhone.

HM, have a nice break!

Mike, Yes, I get that frost layer on the outside of my clothes too.

Damaris, I think you may have to prepare yourself to let your kitty go.  It's hard though.

Sounds like my daughter was able to get out of AP Calculus in school for her last semester.  She was in way over her head, I think she might scrape by with a C- or D+.  Counselor initially wanted to force her to stay in, so they could pad their stats on attendance.  I'm glad they finally acquiesced and made the right choice.   Oh, have I mentioned I'm ready for the holidays to be over.  I really dislike this time of year.  Yeah, I'm that guy.