Beginners and Beyond

Where Have All the MONDAILIES Gone? (Read 45 times)

LRB

Me, I've had two separate orders from the 'House in the last week and I'm already trying to decide which pair to put that $50 gift card toward.  I've put my super old Wave Inspire 9s back into rotation and am really liking the extra cushion/support/protection for longer runs - I think it'll be even more appreciated when my long runs get up to the 14-15 mile range now, and for marathon training in the fall. Problem is that I tossed them in my bin of forgotten shoes with about 50 miles of run/walking on them 2 years ago, so I don't know how quickly they'll end up breaking down for good.

Likewise, I retired my Kayanos at the end of the 2013 season convinced that I was done riding in the big ass old man Cadillacs, only to realize once MRT began that running 80 minutes or more in anything other than something in the 10 ounce or more range repeatedly was completely fuckin stupid.

So I have my racing flat(s) and my long run shoe, I just need a daily trainer to replace the DST 18 which has been nothing if not an exercise in futility thus far.

If only Asics would make the current DST in a color I can get down with I would be okay!

LRB

6 really hard miles today. I'm starting to get fearful of my next marathon. This plan has me feeling nutty. I think I set my goal too ambitious. But hubby has faith I can get it. He's a sweetheart.

If you need to readjust there is nothing that says you cannot readjust your race day pace despite training faster than it.

Hip Redux

Probably.

Double for the day is complete.  60 minutes after work.  7.7 miles.  Mostly an easy effort except for one looooong uphill that I ran hard just to try to grab the Strava CR and I was successful.  O'Doyle rules.

I found DaveP on Strava.   That's good for some sort of CR on internet stalking,  no?

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

If you need to readjust there is nothing that says you cannot readjust your race day pace despite training faster than it.

I need to at least try. This Hanson Plan is hard. It's a one and done effort using it because I'm laid off right now and can put in the miles. No way could i use this plan if I were working.  My next marathon will need to use a more real to my life plan. But yes,  if I must adjust I will. Still too early to decide. So far my runs are within the parameters (with the sole exception of those I've been running on Saturdays with my friend who is slower at this time....For a change). My long runs are looking good too. I'm just fatigued I think. I hope.

Next week's half should give me a good predictor.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

I found DaveP on Strava.   That's good for some sort of CR on internet stalking,  no?

So long as you do not boil his kid's pet rabbit you will be okay.

LRB

I'm just fatigued I think. I hope.

I am in a similar state. Training for me this winter has been tough, but then it always is. So I am trying to balance that with the possible realization that I just suck.

As you said though, we will know soon...

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 really easy and some core work.

Is there some secret to finding these really good deals on Running Warehouse? I haven't seen anything deals that were that amazing. Although I really don't need more shoes. We are redoing some closets, so DH has rolled his eyes many times over the 6 pairs of shoes in the gym. There are also 2 new in box pairs hidden 

DavePNW

Congrats Dave!

Swamp Rabbit 

I discovered that my last trip out there. It was awesome. I was actually almost late for my meeting because it was a perfect morning and I just wanted to keep running.

Dave

LRB

Is there some secret to finding these really good deals on Running Warehouse? I haven't seen anything deals that were that amazing.

Most of us has a favorite shoe(s) that goes on clearance around this time of year after the new models are introduced in January and February.

Although the sale last week was specific to racing flats, you got a $50 gift card so it was the perfect time to take a chance on a shoe you may not have otherwise tried.

LRB

Congrats Dave!

I discovered that my last trip out there. It was awesome. I was actually almost late for my meeting because it was a perfect morning and I just wanted to keep running.

Hi!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha I hope you have a lot of races coming up! :P

Me, I've had two separate orders from the 'House in the last week and I'm already trying to decide which pair to put that $50 gift card toward.  I've put my super old Wave Inspire 9s back into rotation and am really liking the extra cushion/support/protection for longer runs - I think it'll be even more appreciated when my long runs get up to the 14-15 mile range now, and for marathon training in the fall. Problem is that I tossed them in my bin of forgotten shoes with about 50 miles of run/walking on them 2 years ago, so I don't know how quickly they'll end up breaking down for good.

Which Hokas? Spill the beans!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Most of us has a favorite shoe(s) that goes on clearance around this time of year after the new models are introduced in January and February.

Although the sale last week was specific to racing flats, you got a $50 gift card so it was the perfect time to take a chance on a shoe you may not have otherwise tried. 

The hidden shoes are clearance shoes/old models from Holabird Sports. $49.99 Wave Rider 17 and $69 Wave Creation 16s.

I've tried finding shoes on Finish Line, their prices are great, but they don't carry much in women's 10.5.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I need to at least try. This Hanson Plan is hard. It's a one and done effort using it because I'm laid off right now and can put in the miles. No way could i use this plan if I were working.  My next marathon will need to use a more real to my life plan. But yes,  if I must adjust I will. Still too early to decide. So far my runs are within the parameters (with the sole exception of those I've been running on Saturdays with my friend who is slower at this time....For a change). My long runs are looking good too. I'm just fatigued I think. I hope.

Next week's half should give me a good predictor.

This could be it.  Just keep at it and you'll go through it.  But like LRB said, if you feel you must adjust, trust yourself.  Hanson is hard.  I only lasted one day, got an asthma attack and said fuck it.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

7.10 miles done.  It was still hot as balls but not too bad.  Ran the 0.10 on the TM to make sure it's leveled for tomorrow.

Damaris

LRB

Hanson is hard.  I only lasted one day, got an asthma attack and said fuck it.

Okay that made me laugh. You are funny!