Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Skyfall (Read 36 times)

sdWhiskers

I finally caught whatever nastiness that the rest of my family has. I skipped running this morning and cancelled a workout with my trainer this afternoon. Should have skipped work too but I have a new hire starting today.

We've had Santa Ana winds blowing through the past few days which means its been super dry and warm. Picture 60-70 degrees but with desert winds that feel like 90 degrees. I carried water with me for an 8 mile run yesterday because of the low humidity.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So apparently, I sit next to Cyber Jr at work. He's a mountain biker who, according to Strava, has already logged about 650 miles in January (with a measly 57,000 ft elevation). He eats enough food for a family of 5, has no body fat and is 6'6". I've never seen him sitting at his desk without food in his hand.

That ASSSSSSHOLE!!! Lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

To hell with calorie deficit today, I cannot stomach salmon, sweet potatoes or zucchini & squash.... pepperoni pizza sounds MUCH better to my stomach.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

I cannot tell you what I eat in a day. I can however, tell you that it's way too much.  lol

sdWhiskers

To hell with calorie deficit today, I cannot stomach salmon, sweet potatoes or zucchini & squash.... pepperoni pizza sounds MUCH better to my stomach.

This is also my issue. I pay attention to my diet for 2 days then screw it up the next day.

LRB

So this just happened:

"You are free to leave work today at 3:00 pm." 

#thejaydeneffect

onemile

So this just happened:

#thejaydeneffect

nice. We were told to work from  home today if possible 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This is also my issue. I pay attention to my diet for 2 days then screw it up the next day.

Oh I've been doing pretty good for the past 2 or 3 weeks, but I just can't stomach my planned meal lol. I'll eat it for dinner tonight.

I won't be leaving early today, sadly.... so I'll be moving my 5 miler to tomorrow morning.

PRs

Cyberic

So apparently, I sit next to Cyber Jr at work. He's a mountain biker who, according to Strava, has already logged about 650 miles in January (with a measly 57,000 ft elevation). He eats enough food for a family of 5, has no body fat and is 6'6". I've never seen him sitting at his desk without food in his hand.

Happy to read that. I have a twinsy 3000 miles away 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well F*ck me..... that stupid personal pepperoni pizza had 2,320 mg of sodium.... recommended limit being 2,300. I'm calling today a bust as far as my stupid diet thing goes. 

PRs

From the Internet.

I should be enjoying my rest day after racing but instead I'm googling every possible variation of "plantar fasciitis recovery time" as if it's never happened to me before 

Realistically, I caught it SUPER EARLY compared to last time (I kept on running from July to October before I took actual time off, and it got bad enough that I was limping whenever I wasn't running) so I should probably be good to jog easy later this week and get back to workouts as soon as it's 100% for longer easy sessions again, but extra stress about minor things is my specialty!

LRB

I should be enjoying my rest day after racing but instead I'm googling every possible variation of "plantar fasciitis recovery time" as if it's never happened to me before 

Realistically, I caught it SUPER EARLY compared to last time (I kept on running from July to October before I took actual time off, and it got bad enough that I was limping whenever I wasn't running) so I should probably be good to jog easy later this week and get back to workouts as soon as it's 100% for longer easy sessions again, but extra stress about minor things is my specialty!

Are you wearing support insoles in EVERYTHING? If not, you might want to take a look at that. It's how I finally beat it.

From the Internet.

Are you wearing support insoles in EVERYTHING? If not, you might want to take a look at that. It's how I finally beat it.

I dug out my insoles, remembered that I kind of hated them after wearing them around all afternoon Saturday, pulled out my heel cushions instead. I taped the foot up with athletic tape for today, will see how that does as an alternate method of support for when I'm shuffling around the house in slippers - I WFH so it feels weird to wear sweats all day but also actual shoes, lol.

MTA: It's also popped up in my "good foot", I had it in the left foot previously and that is 100% completely gone now - the right foot is the one that's JUST started complaining, so hopefully it won't be a long-term thing if I rehab aggressively.

KCRuns

So this just happened:

#thejaydeneffect

We've been given the option to work from home this week.  I came in today because I had a meeting and also, my gym is in this building.  If I stay home all week, my miles will take a big hit because I'm not running outside in this, it's just stupid.  So I haven't decided which days I'm going to actually stay home.  I'm thinking Wednesday and possibly Thursday, but I'm taking my laptop home tonight just in case.

Anyway, I got 5.6 on the treadmill during lunch today.

KCRuns

Pay special attention to your upper calves, I've found that makes a huge difference in PF pain.