Beginners and Beyond

Putting One Foot in Front of the Other MONDAILIES (Read 43 times)

Good morning, everyone.

I'm on my way to the gym to do something. I'm not sure whether it'll be some TM work or non-impact cardio. I just need to move.

You?

LRB

Yo.

Rest day for me.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!

10 miles on tap for today, I'm gonna wait till after work tho, the rain should have stopped by then.

Basya, hoping for good results for your Dad, we'll keep you and your family in our thoughts.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Little Blue

I'll be getting out for a few, soonish.  It was supposed to be raining, but it's not.  It is supposed to be in the 30s, but right now it's 45, so I should take advantage of it.

Basya, still keeping you in our thoughts.

8 very slow on the treadmill.

Dave

Rick, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Dave, have a terrific ten-miler.

Little Blue, enjoy your run.

DaveP MI, excellent eight.

I did forty-five minutes on the AMT with the incline at 5/5 and the resistance at 14/20. I'm running on less than three hours of sleep, so, no running, lest I make a complete ass of myself.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! 8 miles tonight.

Damaris

Cyberic

Back to cold temps this morning. Easy 5 with some strides on the indoor track at lunch time.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Woof!  Today is International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day!  Perfect day for a waddling old Penguin-Dog like me. 

Rest day for me today.   Did a 5K on Saturday and a 5K on Sunday.  Links to the reports are below....

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/343c839248fe4dbdaba90e52312a2f12/resume#focus

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/4336b4e2979f49f1989b0d38dadbb793/resume#focus

Mother Nature is having a Texas hissie-fit again....high today of  only 39 degrees.  That is a 40-degree drop from our high temp on Saturday of 79 degrees.   Yes, we South Texans are feeling the cold!  Well, it's cold for us!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

SRD!!!!

I am actually quite happy I didn't have to get up early this morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

'Morning!  Happy Monday!  I've got an hour of easy running to do later, which will be done on the treadmill due to, you guessed it, bone chilling cold.  This winter has been merciless.

HM this Saturday!  I'm kind of looking forward to it.

<3

delicate flower

btw there were a couple of questions about my LR's this cycle, or lack thereof (onemile, I'm looking in your direction).  I pressed my coach a little for more info.  The plan is to add 15 minutes to my LR each week between now and two weeks out, so I'll end up having 7-8 runs between 15 and 22 miles.  Coach says he is not at all concerned about my long run endurance and that he cares more about the intensity of my workouts.  He says I can handle the LR.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

btw there were a couple of questions about my LR's this cycle, or lack thereof (onemile, I'm looking in your direction).  I pressed my coach a little for more info.  The plan is to add 15 minutes to my LR each week between now and two weeks out, so I'll end up having 7-8 runs between 15 and 22 miles.  Coach says he is not at all concerned about my long run endurance and that he cares more about the intensity of my workouts.  He says I can handle the LR.

I am not onemile, but your base prior to starting this program indicates that you have the endurance, so he is not worried about you completing those.  He wants to add speed which is what you are concentrating on.

Damaris

delicate flower

I am not onemile, but your base prior to starting this program indicates that you have the endurance, so he is not worried about you completing those.  He wants to add speed which is what you are concentrating on.

And he told me that right up front but I still expected to log those 20 milers.  They were always such a big part of my marathon training, so not running any of them yet is just a weird change for me.   Coach said I was a bit of a different client.  Most people he trains need their endurance built up but I already had that.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

45 minutes on an elliptical. Used a different machine than last time, and this one seemed a lot tougher for some reason. And my toes still went numb within 15 minutes.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.