Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 40 times)

sdWhiskers

When the blister forms under the nail, it basically detaches the nail from the bed and that means it's pretty much dead 

Doh! How gross does it look and how long does it take to return to normal (regrow new nail)?

LRB

Doh! How gross does it look and how long does it take to return to normal (regrow new nail)?

Well, feet are gross, so not much changes there. lol

I don't really remember it being anything lengthy. YMMV

Runshortii

I slogged through 6. Nothing hurt, just stiff.

Knock on wood, I have yet to lose a toenail

Half Crazy K 2.0

I lost no toenails from the under toe blisters.

onemile

I lost no toenails from the under toe blisters.

maybe there is hope

GinnyinPA

Sometimes a new toenail will form under the old toenail. When it finally drops off, there is a 3/4 grown nail underneath. I haven't had this on my feet, but I did have a smashed finger that had this happen.  I've had a couple of black toenails from hiking, never from running. The most I've had was just a blister on the tip of my second toe after my first marathon. I didn't even notice it until I took my shower afterwards. I do have issues with toenails cutting my toes if I let them get too long. I'll take off my shoes and find a sock full of blood. Ginzu nails indeed.

onemile

Addie gave me the option to take today off.  Since it's warm (but rainy) I am tempted to run but my hip has been bugging me. So instead I made a chiro appointment for tonight to see if that helps.

hog4life

I loose toenails of my 2nd and 3rd toes regularly. It usually takes about 3 months for mine to completely heal, but they rarely heal because as soon as the old nail is gone and the new nail is almost grown in, I booger it up again and start the process all over.

RD for me.

onemile

I loose toenails of my 2nd and 3rd toes regularly. It usually takes about 3 months for mine to completely heal, but they rarely heal because as soon as the old nail is gone and the new nail is almost grown in, I booger it up again and start the process all over.

That's pretty much how it works for me too. My 2nd toes are the worst and then they don't grow back right - they are all pushed up and thick. Sad

RunningWithMyDog

That's pretty much how it works for me too. My 2nd toes are the worst and then they don't grow back right - they are all pushed up and thick. Sad

This!

I now have a nail on the toe next to the big toe that sorta grows upwards on one side - it sticks out just enough to sometimes catch the sock.

And if my feet are wet, you can bet it will nick the big toe.

Good times!

delicate flower

You people are your gross toenail problems.  My six toenails are fine.

<3

RunningOnSand

Sometimes a new toenail will form under the old toenail. When it finally drops off, there is a 3/4 grown nail underneath. I haven't had this on my feet, but I did have a smashed finger that had this happen.  I've had a couple of black toenails from hiking, never from running. The most I've had was just a blister on the tip of my second toe after my first marathon. I didn't even notice it until I took my shower afterwards. I do have issues with toenails cutting my toes if I let them get too long. I'll take off my shoes and find a sock full of blood. Ginzu nails indeed.

This is what usually happens to me. I always seem to lose them on the 2nd toes, and they are not longer than my big toes. Weird??? I got a random blister (that is now black) under my left 2nd toe about a month-6wks ago and I'm just waiting for it to fall off. It'll likely fall off right before my HM next month.  And in terms of nails looking gross--just paint them. Problem solved.

6 easy on the TM for me. We're getting a shitton of snow right now so everything is closing down.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

You people are your gross toenail problems.  My six toenails are fine.

What about the other foot?

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

sdWhiskers

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have been lucky enough never to have a toe blister, black toenail or a toenail loss.

Spent 4 hours at the office waiting for the letter that was to tell me I couldn't work and to go home.  I'm home finally.

Damaris