Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 37 times)

sdWhiskers

Also: first data point is that Noxgear battery life with rechargeables is about 6.5 hours, roughly the same as I get with regular batteries. Depending on whether you include red-flashy time.

Are you still using solid lights? or flashing seizure-inducing lights?

DavePNW

Are you still using solid lights? or flashing seizure-inducing lights?

Solid.

Dave

Or at least pepper spray.

$1.97 at Walmart, I don’t run without it.  Spooked by dogs being loose while out solo on the park paths

onemile

$1.97 at Walmart, I don’t run without it.  Spooked by dogs being loose while out solo on the park paths

oh yeah. slit those little f'ers throats

Runshortii

The hobble is not too bad today. I could probably run but I won't.  Garmin still thinks I'm peaking 

It looks like you had fun pacing!

my garmin also says I’m peaking... which beats the unproductive it has said for like a month.

i ran 4

DavePNW

Seems like an odd choice to defend yourself against dogs.

Dave

sdWhiskers

My mom used to walk daily on rural country roads. She swears by this for farm dogs:

https://www.amazon.com/Dog-Dazer-II-Ultrasonic-Deterrent/dp/B000IBRI2Y

LRB

Maybe they're really wolves

onemile

hand to hand combat is definitely the way to go

DavePNW

Prob works well against bears too.

Dave

DavePNW

My mom used to walk daily on rural country roads. She swears by this for farm dogs:

https://www.amazon.com/Dog-Dazer-II-Ultrasonic-Deterrent/dp/B000IBRI2Y

For our dog you would just need to arrange for a squirrel or rabbit to start running in the opposite direction. In case you were worried about attack by an 8-lb toy poodle.

Dave

I started carrying a pocket knife when I had a garden plot at a community garden 15 years ago...  carry one all the time now.

getting skittish is my old age...

onemile

For our dog you would just need to arrange for a squirrel or rabbit to start running in the opposite direction. In case you were worried about attack by an 8-lb toy poodle.

you could also carry some bacon.

actually, my bruno, who gets more excited about food than any dog I've ever seen,  has refused to accept treats from strangers before.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

you could also carry some bacon.

actually, my bruno, who gets more excited about food than any dog I've ever seen,  has refused to accept treats from strangers before.

He is probably like my mom said not to talk to strangers.  Ha.

Damaris

LRB

Prob works well against bears too

Great scene. Good movie. Long. And I could've done without him wearing the horse.