Former Bad Ass

Morning as well!

Damaris

LRB

Good morning everyone.

onemile

Good morning!

KCRuns

Today was the workout I asked y'all about the other day with 1200m repeats.  I set it up for WU, 7x 1200/600 at about 10k pace, 3x 200/200 strides, CD.

I got outside ready to go and then noticed my watch was at 9% so I hoped it would last at least until I got one full segment done so I could see the start/end spots.  I paid close attention, and it turns out the circle path I've been using is just shy of 1200m by about 8-10 seconds.  The watch died in the middle of the fourth interval, so I used the stopwatch on my phone to time the remaining workout elements and took screenshots at the end of each one.  I got home and wrote it all out to add it up, plugged in my watch to see what it recorded and realized the watch actually died in the third interval, so I ended up with only 6 of those today.  Anyway, they were 7:34, 7:36, 7:01, 7:02, 7:30, 7:07 which is 9:25-10:15 pace - so in the right range for 10k pace (PR is 10:11 pace).

My brain hurts from doing all the math, but I ended up at about 11 miles total.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Good morning! Anyone bring the coffee?

KCRuns

Good morning! Anyone bring the coffee?

It's brewing right now!

12, was supposed to be 13 but felt something shift in my left ham and walked last mile back to car...I think I’ve only mention my left ham a couple of times but that was 14 months ago, hopefully won’t mention it again for another 14 months

DavePNW

Today was the workout I asked y'all about the other day with 1200m repeats.  I set it up for WU, 7x 1200/600 at about 10k pace, 3x 200/200 strides, CD.

I got outside ready to go and then noticed my watch was at 9% so I hoped it would last at least until I got one full segment done so I could see the start/end spots.  I paid close attention, and it turns out the circle path I've been using is just shy of 1200m by about 8-10 seconds.  The watch died in the middle of the fourth interval, so I used the stopwatch on my phone to time the remaining workout elements and took screenshots at the end of each one.  I got home and wrote it all out to add it up, plugged in my watch to see what it recorded and realized the watch actually died in the third interval, so I ended up with only 6 of those today.  Anyway, they were 7:34, 7:36, 7:01, 7:02, 7:30, 7:07 which is 9:25-10:15 pace - so in the right range for 10k pace (PR is 10:11 pace).

The lesson is to keep your watch charged. Nice job!

8 miles for me. 

Oh, and good morning!

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I woke up to an email that next Tuesday we are having a Zoom meeting regarding reopening. Which reminded me that I ****ing hate my job and really, really, really don't want to go back.

10 on the AlterG.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, we are supposed to have one next week in which I assume they will tell us we are starting Phase 1 (which is basically no one in the office). Although cases went up in that county, so who knows.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

We had a town hall yesterday for work. it ended at 4pm. At 5pm, the governor had a press conference and announced non-public schools could reopen for summer. There are literally over 100 pages of guidance documents about all this, so I can't see it changing anything for me, plus,the decision was already made to continue remote learning over the summer.

One fun tidbit, the CDC recommended occupancy on a 77 person bus is 8-13. Yea, that's gonna work out. Seems similar to the need for a 4 mile start line for proper distancing.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We had a town hall yesterday for work. it ended at 4pm. At 5pm, the governor had a press conference and announced non-public schools could reopen for summer. There are literally over 100 pages of guidance documents about all this, so I can't see it changing anything for me, plus,the decision was already made to continue remote learning over the summer.

One fun tidbit, the CDC recommended occupancy on a 77 person bus is 8-13. Yea, that's gonna work out. Seems similar to the need for a 4 mile start line for proper distancing.

Oy, maybe they can mandate masks and that might be more effective. Imagine how many buses you have to wait for to pass "full" before you can hop on.

Damaris

Cyberic

Hahaha, good job!

I ran a bit over 10, with Aussie Quarters in the middle. Very satisfied with my effort. Ran the whole thing by feel, and the last reps were hard but doable. DP was at 66F.

1:29.7 avg. on the 400s (pace 6:00/mile)

51.3 sec avg on the 200s (pace 6:52/mile)

18:48 for the 4800m, so that's 6:18/mile avg on the whole thing.