Beginners and Beyond

WednesDailies (Read 21 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Office day for me.  I'll have to be in twice next week.  Ugh.

Dave - fastest 5k and fastest marathon in the same week?  Nice job.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with some lazy intervals. I cannot get my legs warm in this cold no matter what I wear (and it sure ain't shorts).

And Dave did this in 2 separate races. Remember when chopping up races was a topic of debate?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! 5 after work. Also in the BS, I mean, office.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Morning! 5 after work. Also in the BS, I mean, office.

I have to be in twice next week?  Why?  Because the CEO is coming and they want the office to be full/busy (never mind the risk the executive visit becomes a super spreader event).

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have to be in twice next week?  Why?  Because the CEO is coming and they want the office to be full/busy (never mind the risk the executive visit becomes a super spreader event).

DH's company did this for some all hands meetings. They wanted the conference room to look like people go into the office. They do don't.

Is there a lunch during the visit? I suspect our covid cases stem from 2 large events, including a lunch. I was not part of either.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Is there a lunch during the visit? I suspect our covid cases stem from 2 large events, including a lunch. I was not part of either.

Better than that, there's a 2-hour mixer with food and drink to celebrate the retirement of a senior executive originally from our office whose been around for decades.  So, longer exposure in a more crowded setting (i.e. everyone standing with no tables to help enforce spacing).

Having had DW miss family Thanksgiving due to Covid, I'll be avoiding the gathering so I don't have to miss Xmas.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Better than that, there's a 2-hour mixer with food and drink to celebrate the retirement of a senior executive originally from our office whose been around for decades.  So, longer exposure in a more crowded setting (i.e. everyone standing with no tables to help enforce spacing).

Having had DW miss family Thanksgiving due to Covid, I'll be avoiding the gathering so I don't have to miss Xmas.

Yea, sound like a super spreader. While there were tables involved for both of our events,  there were 200 or so people in one area.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The problem is we have all hands once a week and we all packed ourselves into the tiny conference room every week for more BS. Everybody hates today since everybody is here.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I wish I had the nerve to suggest home Covid tests as a door prize for all who attend. 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

If I'd known one of the guests this year was sick, I might have excused myself from the family dinner.  As it was I and most of the other guests ended up with COVID.  I found out when my daughter called and said she tested positive, so I got a home test and it was also positive.  My doctor responded quickly and has me on an anti-viral medication.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If I'd known one of the guests this year was sick, I might have excused myself from the family dinner.  As it was I and most of the other guests ended up with COVID.  I found out when my daughter called and said she tested positive, so I got a home test and it was also positive.  My doctor responded quickly and has me on an anti-viral medication.

Bummer. Hoping it's mild and with no major effects.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I had a meeting scheduled the Monday before Thanksgiving and knew one of the people had tested positive the week before.  I switched to Teams. I was absolutely floored to see people in close contact with this person and none were masked (mandatory days 6-10 in all cases and became mandatory for all that day).

Wcrunner, hope your symptoms are mild and you make a quick recovery.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Bummer. Hoping it's mild and with no major effects.

So far that seem to be the case.  I'd just gotten my last booster 2 weeks before, so that probably helped.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

So far that seem to be the case.  I'd just gotten my last booster 2 weeks before, so that probably helped.

DW was fully boosted and it's our theory that that helped 1) keep her symptoms mild and 2) keep her from spreading it to other members of our household.  I hope you get over it quickly.

Baboon

delicate flower

YO!  I've got physical therapy this afternoon so I have done no exercise today heading into that.  I did hop on the treadmill at work for literally 60 seconds to see how my back and glute felt after running yesterday and it actually felt pretty good.

And Dave did this in 2 separate races. Remember when chopping up races was a topic of debate?

I always feel weird about winning race points off of my triathlon runs, because technically the run is just part of the race.  I don't count my Ironman runs when I tell people I've done 20 marathons.  Maybe I should.....Marathon Maniacs and 50 Staters count them.

<3