Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Wind Cold & Snow - One of them has to go (Read 33 times)

onemile

Brrf. At -6 F, what was the wind chill?

-17, I think? Only 5-6 mph winds

onemile

He's not gonna do that. He's gonna go sub-6:00 during a 5k.

For some reason I have zero desire to run a mile.

But, nice job Lauren!

LRB

-17, I think? Only 5-6 mph winds

I'm actually at the point where I've figured out how to dress for all of this nonsense. It took a few runs but I got it. And ooh, I saw so many ladies without gloves today. It was crazy! I thought of you each time and just shook my head...whilst wearing my big ass boxing gloves. lol

onemile

I'm actually at the point where I've figured out how to dress for all of this nonsense. It took a few runs but I got it. And ooh, I saw so many ladies without gloves today. It was crazy! I thought of you each time and just shook my head...whilst wearing my big ass boxing gloves. lol

I wore light mittens and my hands were sweating

onemile

We're supposed to get 7-14 inches of snow tonight. They already cancelled most area schools which is unusual

GinnyinPA

I ran 18 with 14 at MP. It was 38 at the start, 42 at the end, with intermittent snow flurries and sunshine. I met DH at a tavern in a nearby town and we enjoyed a sampler of 6 different beers and a huge burger. Happiness is.

LRB

We're supposed to get 7-14 inches of snow tonight. They already cancelled most area schools which is unusual

That same system will be blowing through here at some point tomorry. They're expecting 6 - 10 in my 'hood.

LRB

I ran 18 with 14 at MP. It was 38 at the start, 42 at the end, with intermittent snow flurries and sunshine. I met DH at a tavern in a nearby town and we enjoyed a sampler of 6 different beers and a huge burger. Happiness is.

That was the Big Dog back when I was taking those things seriously. Is it the most you will run or will the distance at MP increase?

From the Internet.

For some reason I have zero desire to run a mile.

But, nice job Lauren!

Smart choice. It's a level of pain that has made me look forward to the next marathon, lol. The recovery time is great though!

Cyberic

I wore light mittens and my hands were sweating

I'm like LRB, these temps require the big guns!

GinnyinPA

That was the Big Dog back when I was taking those things seriously. Is it the most you will run or will the distance at MP increase?

That's the most at MP. I'm 35 days from the race. I only have 3 more long runs, 17, 20 and 16.

Fast pace today. 

IK,R? Current MP+5. 

Dave

5:54.11 mile indoors. Very pleased with that. Reasonably comfortable for the first 5 laps, coach is giving me the option to run another meet this month if I want to - could definitely take off a couple of seconds, maybe even dip below 5:50 if I have a really great day.

Nice job!!

I have never raced a mile, I think it might be fun, but mile races that aren’t kids/dogs/strollers fun runs are tough to find. Or maybe I just don’t know where to look. Anyway, I have posted this before, but one time I tried a time trial at the track to see if I could go sub-6. Result: 5:59.6. 

Dave

onemile

IK,R? Current MP+5. 

You better run at least a 7:30 paced marathon or you'll look like a sandbagger 

This is indeed the big dog, I remember it well from Pfitz. I’ve never seen that many MP miles in any other plan. Nice to get that done. Funny - I assume you are on the 18 week plan? I did that first, then switched to the 12-week Pfitz plan, where for some reason that run becomes 18/12.

Dave