Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies and the deep freeze (Read 34 times)

Cyberic

Something stupid about the VO2 metrics being built into the strap, which cannot be moved to the wrist.

The newer Fenix 3 har HRM both in the strap, with all the other 600 series VO2 metrics running dynamics,  but they also added them on the wrist.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/01/garmin-fenix3hr-preview.html

Maybe the FR6xx will have that too eventually.

onemile

11. One mile short of a gold star. 

Hey, you'll get it next time, buddy.

Cyberic

8 miles on the AlterG.  Whatever germs are floating around here are contagious, because I feel like crap.

And I finally have enough points to get a 235... but what I REALLY want is exactly what I have now (620), but with a built-in HRM.  WHY DOES THIS NOT EXIST?!

What's with that points system? What is it about?

DavePNW

Still happy with my 220 in case anyone's wondering.

Dave

Cyberic

8 miles on the AlterG.  Whatever germs are floating around here are contagious, because I feel like crap.

And I finally have enough points to get a 235... but what I REALLY want is exactly what I have now (620), but with a built-in HRM.  WHY DOES THIS NOT EXIST?!

Why don't you get the SCOSCHE RHYTHM+ and pair it with your 620?

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/05/scosche-antbluetooth-optical.html

It's an optical HRM that you put on your arm or wrist.

LRB

I agree. I like my 620 and don't want to give up the wireless and bluetooth upload options and I like the smaller size etc. If I could have the wrist HRM I would upgrade to the 630 or whatever the latest model is.  I don't care about running dynamics.

I love my 620. Yes, love. And I don't even have the heart rate monitor for it.

LRB

It's a nice device.

Mmmmm...beer

Same here, I don't see myself upgrading for a long time.  It does what I need, only thing I'd like is longer battery life for the longer races I'm starting to get into, but I'm not going to buy a new watch just for that.  For my 100 I'm going to figure out what I'd like to see for my lap times and just wear my old ironman watch and track each lap, good enough.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

bluerun

Super B****

What's with that points system? What is it about?

It's this health program at work (since 98% of the people here put slugs to shame), whereby you can earn points to redeem certain awards.  There's a Garmin section there, it's how I got my vivofit -- I never would have paid cash for that.  I don't have enough points for the Fenix 3, but I don't really want that anyway... I want what I already have.  Hmph.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Ric-G

5.5 miles this morning...looks like the forecast for the olympic trials tomorrow is about 84, then on sunday when the masses run the marathon the high will be 87 or so...not looking good for those folks. have a good day everyone.

lrb - the eccentron and alter-g sound like weapons used in a sci-fi movie

marathon pr - 3:16

bluerun

Super B****

I'm still happy with my 620!  (Which is amazing, because I went through watches like crazy before I got that one.)  But my xiphoid process is not happy at all.

Why don't you get the SCOSCHE RHYTHM+ and pair it with your 620?

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/05/scosche-antbluetooth-optical.html

It's an optical HRM that you put on your arm or wrist.

I considered that before, but then I thought I'd feel like an idiot for getting the 620 over the 220 and giving up all that extraneous data.  Even though I didn't get the 620 for that, it was because I wanted four data fields.  But I'd have to pay for this arm strap, and I don't exactly have cash to throw around right now, having just found out I'm donating $3.5K to my oral surgeon's kid's college fund.

chasing the impossible

LRB

5.5 miles this morning...looks like the forecast for the olympic trials tomorrow is about 84, then on sunday when the masses run the marathon the high will be 87 or so...not looking good for those folks. have a good day everyone.

lrb - the eccentron and alter-g sound like weapons used in a sci-fi movie

I'm like the poster child for fucked up-ness. lol

I didn't realize the races are separate, thanks for that tip. In Houston, the trials were held during the same event as the general race. It is the reason Houston was at the top of my destination race to-do list.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I reluctantly got up at 4:05 this morning,  the upside was it was only 28 degrees outside and no wind. It was snowing though, but I managed to get 10 miles in. Hopefully two 10 miles this week won't negatively affect my 20 miler Sunday. I'm looking to only need 7 miles tomorrow.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I purchased a 630 for my DW this xmas (ended up getting $100 off! - National Running Center dealio).

I have played with it just a bit and it may be a great watch, however it is not to my liking.  I love my 620!

It seems they decided to go more of the app/ smartwatch way with the 630 and though it makes for very cool and customization it seems like a very glorified and $$ Garmin active.

I like my touch screen, I can't stand her 'swipe' screen.  Which seems to both be harder to swipe when you want too and easier to accidentally swipe with a sleeve when you don't.

I suspect should be in the position that I need a new watch and can not find a 620, I will downgrade to something more basic.

Medium tempo type run tonight:

5 miles of 60 sec in and outs, alternating HMP and MP. (+ wm and cd)

bluerun

Super B****

It seems they decided to go more of the app/ smartwatch way with the 630 and though it makes for very cool and customization it seems like a very glorified and $$ Garmin active.

I HATE THIS.  I want a running watch, and that's it.

chasing the impossible