3 minutes rest
    2x800m 10k pace
    2 minutes rest
    3x400m 5k pace
    1 minute rest

Baboon

delicate flower

6:59 was also your easy pace on Monday? 

Labeled wrong in my log.  It was steady state.

<3

Cyberic

They are certainly light as a feather, like there is nothing there, but they were surprisingly comfortable...for a few minutes on the treadmill anyway. I will probably test them out either tomorrow or Friday. (Also: I like that you created a new word there.)

I checked them, and Runner's Wrold has them at 6.5 oz, and my lightest shoes are the NB 1400v2 at 6.2 oz, so very close. I use mine for 10Ks and 5Ks, and am considering using them for my upcoming HM. My Adidas Adios are also contenders for the HM (I've raced all three of my Marathons in Adios pre-boost era.)

DavePNW

I checked them, and Runner's Wrold has them at 6.5 oz, and my lightest shoes are the NB 1400v2 at 6.2 oz, so very close. I use mine for 10Ks and 5Ks, and am considering using them for my upcoming HM. My Adidas Adios are also contenders for the HM (I've raced all three of my Marathons in Adios pre-boost era.)

I am having a little buyer's remorse already, because I can't imagine wearing them for longer distances, and what is the point of having racing shoes if I can't race HMs or marathons in them. But of course people run marathons barefoot and in VFFs, so who knows. I haven't even actually run in them yet; I was thinking about this morning, but felt I needed something more cushiony-recovery after yesterday's 15. So, probably for tomorrow's easy 5. Only to race in them the next day. Unless it turns out I don't like them.

Dave

Cyberic

I am having a little buyer's remorse already, because I can't imagine wearing them for longer distances, and what is the point of having racing shoes if I can't race HMs or marathons in them. But of course people run marathons barefoot and in VFFs, so who knows. I haven't even actually run in them yet; I was thinking about this morning, but felt I needed something more cushiony-recovery after yesterday's 15. So, probably for tomorrow's easy 5. Only to race in them the next day. Unless it turns out I don't like them.

If you wear them 4-5 times a year (5Ks, 10Ks) they're going to last you like 10 years.

Baboon

delicate flower

I am having a little buyer's remorse already....

Runningwarehouse will take anything back within reason.  Wife has returned shoes she's put a few miles on.

<3

onemile

If you wear them 4-5 times a year (5Ks, 10Ks) they're going to last you like 10 years.

I prefer something I can at least use for interval workouts too, meaning I can run at least 8-9 miles in them.  Even if that means they are slightly heavier

I regularly do double digit workout runs in the Adios and have no issues but they are a bit heavier than the Hyperion... but you almost have to try them and see.  Hyperion is listed as a racing flat for 5k to marathon distance. But so is the Fastwitch and I wouldn't wear those for more than 10k

onemile

Runningwarehouse will take anything back within reason.  Wife has returned shoes she's put a few miles on.

Except I think he bought them from his LRS

(which will probably also take them back)

Cyberic

I prefer something I can at least use for interval workouts too, meaning I can run at least 8-9 miles in them.  Even if that means they are slightly heavier

I regularly do double digit workout runs in the Adios and have no issues but they are a bit heavier than the Hyperion... but you almost have to try them and see.  Hyperion is listed as a racing flat for 5k to marathon distance. But so is the Fastwitch and I wouldn't wear those for more than 10k

It's not that I can't wear the NB 1400v2 for anything else, it's because I'm cheap and want to save them for a long time, so I don't have to buy another pair of shoes for racing shorter races.

onemile

It's not that I can't wear the NB 1400v2 for anything else, it's because I'm cheap and want to save them for a long time, so I don't have to buy another pair of shoes for racing shorter races.

But you are putting miles on a shoe either way and will have to buy another pair of something... With the amount of races you do, yours will last the rest of your life

Baboon

delicate flower

HA, he had mentioned a free RW hat so I assumed it was a RW purchase since they like to throw in free crap.    

<3

onemile

HA, he had mentioned a free RW hat so I assumed it was a RW purchase since they like to throw in free crap.    

Oh, maybe I am wrong

DavePNW

No problem getting my money back. I bought them from the Brooks store, 90 day return policy.

The remorse is just wondering whether I bought the right shoes. Since I was at Brooks, I tried their main 3 racing shoes: Hyperion, Neuro, and Asteria. I liked them in that order. The Hyperions just felt really good, and fast, although only a few minutes on the treadmill. The other two just felt a lot closer to normal training shoes. But maybe that's what I'd need for racing longer distances anyway. If I am still having second thoughts after tomorrow's run and/or Saturday's race, I may pay a visit to the (non-Brooks) LRS to try out some other options.

Dave

DavePNW

That was a different purchase. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dave, I run 5+ hour marathons in 6oz shoes so it's about what you get used to.

Damaris