Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES - Take: Two (Read 31 times)

LRB

lol no way. It's going to be in the 70's and sunny. I know bluerun can do well in that but not me.  This will be more tempo-ish (I forget how Lauren says it) and then I have 6x2 minutes to do afterwards

You cannot say you're going to tempo it in until you're racing and realize that you have to tempo it in. lol

LRB

But... I've accomplished my goal for the year, there's no reason to freak out anymore!

It means it's precursor to something big, oh boy!

DavePNW

I also did not run this morning because I am doing a 5k tonight. Only because work is paying my entrance fee.  Addie made it into a workout and gave me some intervals to run after

Good luck with that whole plan. I can't imagine being in a 5k and not racing your ass off, even if not PR conditions. If you want a workout, that sounds like a pretty good one as is.

MTA: 8.

Dave

onemile

You cannot say you're going to tempo it in until you're racing and realize that you have to tempo it in. lol

I didn't mean I wasn't going to race it. But more that my best effort will probably end up being a tempo pace.

I have also increased my mileage in the past week and my past few runs have been 9, 13.5, 8, and 8

I'm not someone who can magically run close to my PR when I am tired and it's hot out.

This is why I shouldn't have even mentioned I'm doing it. Because then I have to listen to the peanut gallery commentary

LRB

Good luck with that whole plan. I can't imagine being in a 5k and not racing your ass off, even if not PR conditions. If you want a workout, that sounds like a pretty good one as is.

MTA: 8.

There are people who do it but for me, the 5k is the workout, so I would do the intervals beforehand. But Addie is a coach for a reason so we'll leave it at that. lol

onemile

It means it's precursor to something big, oh boy!

Time to look toward that sub-20

onemile

There are people who do it but for me, the 5k is the workout, so I would do the intervals beforehand. But Addie is a coach for a reason so we'll leave it at that. lol

I'm really not looking for opinions on what to do.

bluerun

Super B****

After all of that, I hopped off the trail at the 2.75 point and ran back on the main streets. 

I've just accepted the fact that my ankle is going to hurt no matter what I do, and I'm just going to have to live with it until I can't (because the alternative blows). Hopefully it heals itself but if it doesn't I won't just be sitting around getting fat waiting on it. Instead I'll be getting fat while running on it. lol

This is medically sanctioned advice.  (Two years ago, when I first injured my knee, I got, "It's fine to run as long as you can stand the pain."  Which is really, "I don't know how to fix you so just deal with it," but hey...)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Time to look toward that sub-20

It's a stretch.  But I guess weirder things have happened.

chasing the impossible

LRB

I didn't mean I wasn't going to race it. But more that my best effort will probably end up being a tempo pace.

I have also increased my mileage in the past week and my past few runs have been 9, 13.5, 8, and 8

I'm not someone who can magically run close to my PR when I am tired and it's hot out.

This is why I shouldn't have even mentioned I'm doing it. Because then I have to listen to the peanut gallery commentary

That was my thinking for CIM.

And lol at peanut gallery. 

onemile

This is medically sanctioned advice.  (Two years ago, when I first injured my knee, I got, "It's fine to run as long as you can stand the pain."  Which is really, "I don't know how to fix you so just deal with it," but hey...)

LRB hasn't had an MRI or even been to the doctor like you did so this is dumb advice to give to someone who may have an identifiable injury

bluerun

Super B****

LRB hasn't had an MRI or even been to the doctor like you did so this is dumb advice to give to someone who may have an identifiable injury

It was tongue-in-cheek, not actual advice.  I think he picked up on that.

chasing the impossible

LRB

That was me speaking to Dave. 

onemile

That was me speaking to Dave. 

Me too 

DavePNW

Then you've come to the wrong place. 

Dave