Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Seen in Harlem (Read 36 times)

LRB

LRB

Hi.

RD #3 for me. I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow and I'm hoping the soreness in my legs has subsided by then. Other than that I am good. When the thought of running pops in my head, I'm like, pfft; absolutely not. lol

bluerun

Super B****

Last diving day for me... my hips might be happy about that but I'm not 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Didn't run yesterday so I'll run tonight.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

In other drama news:

So, my Indy realtor had mentioned several times that she had a "guy" realtor in Miami who could help me sell my home there.  I was like yeah, whatever, we need to fix it before we can post it for sale anyway.  Never called the guy and we hired my friend realtor.  The Indy realtor texted me two days ago oh, how are you doing, etc. hope everything is going well, did you call my friend in Miami? And I was like no, we have a realtor and it's posted for sale.  She texted Sad I had a referral agreement with him.  OK...  Yesterday SHE FUCKING CALLED MY REALTOR demanding a 25% referral fee owed to her.  My friend asked her for the referral agreement signed by me stating that.  We are still waiting. WTF.  This is why I don't trust people; they are all crooks.  There never was an agreement for her to sell my Miami home nor anyone working with her.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

In other drama news:

So, my Indy realtor had mentioned several times that she had a "guy" realtor in Miami who could help me sell my home there.  I was like yeah, whatever, we need to fix it before we can post it for sale anyway.  Never called the guy and we hired my friend realtor.  The Indy realtor texted me two days ago oh, how are you doing, etc. hope everything is going well, did you call my friend in Miami? And I was like no, we have a realtor and it's posted for sale.  She texted Sad I had a referral agreement with him.  OK...  Yesterday SHE FUCKING CALLED MY REALTOR demanding a 25% referral fee owed to her.  My friend asked her for the referral agreement signed by me stating that.  We are still waiting. WTF.  This is why I don't trust people; they are all crooks.  There never was an agreement for her to sell my Miami home nor anyone working with her.

She should know better than to mess with a lawyer marathon runner.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

D that sounds really frustrating and unprofessional of the Indy realtor....if she didn't have that info in any of the paperwork you signed, she needs to STFU.

Anyways, I woke up bright and bushy-tailed this morning.... just kidding, my 2:25 AM alarm scared the shit out of me. Went to the gym and killed my Delts then went out for a run.

My Richocets were a little loose at the start, things felt alright until mile 1 when my shins started to feel a bit tight, I stretched a few times before finally at mile 1.84 I decided to tighten my shoestrings and didn't have a shin issues after that, though my left glute and left hip/ITB area felt a teeny bit tight so I stretched them a few times.  Overall not a bad run, 5.3 easy miles.

It was 36 degrees, I just had a long (supposedly moisture-wicking material? sleeve shirt on, my capris that I wore at the gym and gloves. The upper body felt alright, lower body felt cold and numb but my capris were a bit wet from sweat so no surprise.

I still need to find a cheap sweater I can wear over for the start and throw to the side when I start to warm up..... looks like I'll be going to the Dollar Store today.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Smile  Ran 4 hill sprints (12 secs) on my commute to work after about one mile. The last 4 miles were much tougher than usual.

Cyberic

In other drama news:

FTS

delicate flower

Hiya gang!  Well as expected, yesterday was a long work day, although at 14 hours, it was an improvement over the prior two pay cycles.  Collateral damage from that long shift was my second run, although I made that up this morning by hitting the track and skipping my swim.  7 miles done.  Bike workout on tap after work.

<3

From the Internet.

Wow that's some nerve re: realtor demanding a referral fee for doing NOTHING! She can go pound sand.

Busy couple days - babysat friends' 3 year old, she's delightful and I am looking forward to hanging out with her again but also very happy that my own human child is older and more independent, lol. Super fun age but also OMG EXHAUSTING. Town meeting spilled over into a second night, so that was a total of 6 hours spent voting on things and listening to locals argue about stuff. It's always kind of entertaining, at least. People got REAL snippy toward the end of the first night and it was obvious that everyone just wanted to vote and go home the second night.

First indoor track workout of the season this morning - 600/400/200 x3 just to start getting used to the tight turns and stuff again. Started around 6:20 pace during the first set, which was very comfortable, and started working down to sub-6 pace after that (<2:15 per 600, <90 per 400, around 40s for the last couple 200s.) I did a terrible job hitting the lap button at the end of each rep so my log's fuzzy on the details but I was right in the ballpark of where I wanted to be per coach's stopwatch each time and had a good group to work with.

Cyberic

First indoor track workout of the season this morning - 600/400/200 x3 just to start getting used to the tight turns and stuff again. Started around 6:20 pace during the first set, which was very comfortable, and started working down to sub-6 pace after that (<2:15 per 600, <90 per 400, around 40s for the last couple 200s.)

I hear you. Even though I need some getting used to also, I gave up on running fast at the track I have. It's inevitable that I'll end up hitting a tight turn with having to pass someone, or people jogging two wide, during my fast intervals and I'll hurt my ankle. Sometimes people walk in the wrong direction on the track to get to a cardio-stretch spot. My body is too old and fragile the tight turns at higher speeds.

2mi gutter hill medicine

KCRuns

D, does she not realize you're a lawyer and will crush her?

I ran 5.5 to work with the last 10 minutes faster.  When I brought clothes in to work on Monday I forgot to include extra coats to wear home in the evenings and I froze half to death last night, so today I had to carry the backpack with a coat.  I forgot how much weight that adds and I struggled today, had to take some walk breaks trying to get used to that thing.  I got the miles even if they were slow. 

sdWhiskers

I ran 5.5 to work with the last 10 minutes faster.  When I brought clothes in to work on Monday I forgot to include extra coats to wear home in the evenings and I froze half to death last night, so today I had to carry the backpack with a coat.  I forgot how much weight that adds and I struggled today, had to take some walk breaks trying to get used to that thing.  I got the miles even if they were slow. 

Definitely takes an organized person to succeed at the run commuting.

My coach is a coworker and one day last week she ran at the track before driving into work. Ooops she forgot to bring pants and spent the morning meetings in her short running shorts, lol.