Beginners and Beyond

Halloween TUESDailies (Read 42 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Damn it!!! I'm .6 miles from what I ran last month!!! I should have ran 7 instead of 6.4!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Damn it!!! I'm .6 miles from what I ran last month!!! I should have ran 7 instead of 6.4!!!!

Month isn't over yet. Run up & down the driveway a few times.

Dave

onemile

So: weather forecast?

8am start time temp: 45 degrees

6mph wind

90% cloud cover

38% chance of rain

11am temp:52 degrees

6mph wind

85% cloud cover

38% chance of rain

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My only concern would be if Garmin has never made a divers watch, and there have been no other watches made with similar features, that there is a significant potential of bugginess. But maybe the latter is not the case. I don't mean to harsh your mellow.

It is a Garmin, after all, prone to bugginess.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6mph wind

90% cloud cover

38% chance of rain

6mph wind

85% cloud cover

38% chance of rain

Sounds good except the chance of rain.

Damaris

DavePNW

6mph wind

90% cloud cover

38% chance of rain

6mph wind

85% cloud cover

38% chance of rain

That sounds pretty perfect. Obviously between now & then that % chance of rain will move around. You might want to check that periodically. lolz

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

If you tighten your butt muscles and push your junk forward, you get the idea of what it feels like to have a neutral pelvis-like doing a bridge. 

So maybe the marathoner in the video posted a while back took push your junk forward a little too literally.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

So maybe the marathoner in the video posted a while back took push your junk forward a little too literally.

I was trying very hard to un-see that HC. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

oldfartrunner

Yeah Berto. The junk factor.  You do that running up hills on trails and it gives you a new gear and takes the strain off your calves. Basically, driving from the butt is what helps you to run faster, butt  hard to do without a neutral pelvis. Look at sprinters butts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcBlGb0qgS8

Baboon

delicate flower

Sounds good except the chance of rain.

Docket, get us this weather for Space Coast!  

<3

oldfartrunner

I think his problem was: A. Too much junk.  B. He didn't tame the junk with some sports under ware.

onemile

That sounds pretty perfect. Obviously between now & then that % chance of rain will move around. You might want to check that periodically. lolz

Yup!

I don't mind a little rain even as long as it is cool and not super windy I will take some showers!

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Yeah Berto. The junk factor.  You do that running up hills on trails and it gives you a new gear and takes the strain off your calves. Basically, driving from the butt is what helps you to run faster, butt  hard to do without a neutral pelvis. Look at sprinters butts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcBlGb0qgS8

Thanks for the video OFR!  Yeah, I've been practicing up hill running by shortening my stride length.  Keep the cadence about the same but smaller steps so I don't go into that forward-leaning slouch.  Don't hate me for this, but I've also switched to zero drop Altra's.  Wait until my AT's fall off then you can say I told you so, LOL!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Cyberic

My other concern with run commuting would be the fact that I usually bring my lunch to work. Which would be one more thing to fit in the pack. And would probably be difficult with something like soup. Anyway. no plans to run-commute my 20 miles (each way). And our company's intended move to a facility ~6 miles away from me has been put on hold indefinitely. Which is a bummer. I was probably not going to run-commute that anyway (no shower), but maybe bike. And if nothing else, a way easier drive.

That is a problem, and thankfully not one I am concened with, because I eat a lot, and my lunches are heavy. The woman works in the same building. We don't like each other's schedule, and that is why I run commute often. I need the back pack, because I want to take a shower as soon as I get there. The woman comes in to work later on, but still during AM, so my lunch gets here on time.

Often, I don't carry the pack on my way back home, either. I change in my running gear, carry my work clothes and stuff in the car, and leave. The stuff eventually shows up at home.

But for a while, I was carrying my lunch, and I needed strategies. We have a fridge at work, so I'd leave some yogurt in there, nuts at my work place, boxes of chewy bars, and so on. I'd drink water (which I like) and coffee (we have a machine). So the total volume of my lunch was greatly reduced, and so was the weight.

Cyberic

It is a Garmin, after all, prone to bugginess.

I've had NO issue with the Fenix3 HR. None. Zip. I did buy it late when the F5s were announced but not out yet, and it is essentially the same as a F3, so all bugs were fixed I guess.