Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies Winter Warning - Is anyone warm besides folks in South Florida? (Read 48 times)

outoftheblue

50 degrees here, but my driveway is covered in rebar.  4 TM miles on tap, plus making some more chicken stock, and generally looking for home projects to do.

Life is good.

Zelanie

Not cold here.  It's currently 37F, with a high of 44.  We do have a dense fog and air stagnation advisory, do those count?

First RD of the new year for me. Smile  Plus I got my little beastie roller last night- it's awesome!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

It was 2 at daylight with a windchill of -10 or so.  I can't run still, and frankly was kind of glad.

The sunshine is beautiful through the windows.

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not cold here.  It's currently 37F, with a high of 44.  We do have a dense fog and air stagnation advisory, do those count?

First RD of the new year for me. Smile  Plus I got my little beastie roller last night- it's awesome!

If you ask Miamians, they would say that is fucking cold.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

It should be 75 today. It's cooling off from yesterday. Good thing it's still warm enough to run 10 miles when I get home.

LRB

'Sup!

I did 6 on the belt. It was 3 degrees with a wind chill of WTF?! lol

adkkev

From the Fairbanks, Alaska, North Star Borough School District website:

Does it get cold in Fairbanks?!

Remember, everything's relative! Fairbanks is semi-arid, so very little moisture reaches us from the coast. Winters are cold but dry; the skies are generally blue and the snow is dry and fluffy. Our students learn to dress in layers and have fun outdoors year-round. Recess is only cancelled when the temperature reaches 20 degrees below zero Fahrenheit. Trust me, the kids adjust quickly...as long as they bundle up!

This explains why my 6 1/2 yr old grandson wears shorts in the winter months up there.  

Afrer an interesting drive in through ye olde lake effect, I can see about 40 feet out of the terminal windows.  The good thing about airplanes, is that they fly.  I think. If they can get off the ground.

This explains why my 6 1/2 yr old grandson wears shorts in the winter months up there.  

There were people in shorts here yesterday.  (Granted, only to walk from their car into a building).  The gear I wear to unload trucks when it's this cold is so warm that I can't keep it on inside without sweating through the base layer almost immediately.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Remember, everything's relative! Fairbanks is semi-arid, so very little moisture reaches us from the coast. Winters are cold but dry; the skies are generally blue and the snow is dry and fluffy. Our students learn to dress in layers and have fun outdoors year-round. Recess is only cancelled when the temperature reaches 20 degrees below zero Fahrenheit. Trust me, the kids adjust quickly...as long as they bundle up!

Sounds awesome Smile it is the wind, snow and ice that bugs me... not so much the temperature if I layer or bundle up right.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Recess is only cancelled when the temperature reaches 20 degrees below zero Fahrenheit. 

Well, that is just sick!  Crazy Alaskans! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Half Crazy K 2.0

People screamed child abuse in Maryland last year when schools were on time and it was 3 degrees. Most schools were delayed todsy. I am sure there was no recess. I guess we need some heated bubbles fir when they get on and off the bus.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Ive been appaled at the Texas recess rules re: weather

under 40F and its cancelled...  Insane...  Buy an Fing coat!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afrer an interesting drive in through ye olde lake effect, I can see about 40 feet out of the terminal windows.  The good thing about airplanes, is that they fly.  I think. If they can get off the ground.

This would worry me.  Ha.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What do you guys when school is delayed or cancelled?  You have to go to work, no?  I see so many friends posting cancellations or delays that I wonder.  They sure cannot bring them here every day for the Winter (you know what I mean, here means my agency), except with some exceptions.

Damaris