Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 45 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Off work today for my birthday.   Being very lazy, slept in until 7:30 a.m....eating oatmeal for breakfast....and then in an hour or so will head down to the San Antonio Riverwalk for a rare 'workday' morning run.  Sorry, 'real winter' folks, but weather here in San Antonio is beautiful today!  By the time I run - probably around 10 a.m. - the temp will be a sweet 64 degrees with lots of sunshine and no wind.  Shorts and running shirt weather, nice!   After Gail gets off work today, she will be taking me to dinner.   Just a very nice, lazy, easy-going day...nice way to spend a birthday!

Nice treadmill run, Dave! Sorry about your weather and SO sorry about the slip in the ice. Hope your knee is okay!

Stay safe out there HCK20!

Hope it all works out today, Baboon, the way you want it to, and you get all your workouts in!

Good luck with the Catchup, Damaris...want a hamburger with that catch-up? 

Deep breaths, Step, deep breaths...relax.....imagine Jeff Bridges in your head..."Ommmmm.....Ommmmm....Ommmm.... "      Good luck with today and hope you get good news from the med folks!

Wow, B-Plus, you are all 8 up!   Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Congrats on your speed session, LRB..I think you earned your treats!

Yer funny, Little Blue...lol.  That was great, thanks!

SIX sets, dang, FreeSoul!  My PT will only let me do 2 sets of each machine, lol, and only light weights too.  Yes, I'm a wimp...   Congrats on the miles and the weight training circuit!  Does Rocky get to do weights too?

Maybe you could incorporate him into your strength training....

Would he love that? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Good luck, Step!

Dave- 

Track night tonight.  Probably 6 x 800.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So I slipped on the ice on my driveway going out to my car, and went down hard on the pavement. On my knee. Yes the same one. Fuck. It hurt like a MF, ripped a hole in the knee of my pants, and left a nice bit of road rash. Hope to god it will not be anything lingering. At least I got my workout in already today, and tomorrow is SRD.

Ugh!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck, Step!

Damaris

LRB

So I slipped on the ice on my driveway going out to my car, and went down hard on the pavement. On my knee. Yes the same one. Fuck. It hurt like a MF, ripped a hole in the knee of my pants, and left a nice bit of road rash. Hope to god it will not be anything lingering. At least I got my workout in already today, and tomorrow is SRD.

Not much can be said or done about that, it just kind of happens.

Hopefully it's not as bad as last time.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

DaveP: Oh crap. Hopefully it's nothing more than a bump and/or bruise.

10 mile tempo run later tonight.  Sorry, LRB, it's not on my log yet. Wink

Baboon

delicate flower

<3

LRB

10 mile tempo run later tonight.  Sorry, LRB, it's not on my log yet. Wink

Thanks for the heads up. lol

Speaking of logging runs, I haven't been able to get the Garmin plug-in to recognize my device since reinstalling it last week.

I have thus had to enter them manually which is fine for now but will become a serious drag as my workouts get more intricate.

DavePNW

Dave

Hip Redux

Thanks for the heads up. lol

Speaking of logging runs, I haven't been able to get the Garmin plug-in to recognize my device since reinstalling it last week.

I have thus had to enter them manually which is fine for now but will become a serious drag as my workouts get more intricate.

A problem with Garmin?  You don't say.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A problem with Garmin?  You don't say.

Lol.  That's exactly whatI thought!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Off work today for my birthday.   Being very lazy, slept in until 7:30 a.m....eating oatmeal for breakfast....and then in an hour or so will head down to the San Antonio Riverwalk for a rare 'workday' morning run.  Sorry, 'real winter' folks, but weather here in San Antonio is beautiful today!  By the time I run - probably around 10 a.m. - the temp will be a sweet 64 degrees with lots of sunshine and no wind.  Shorts and running shirt weather, nice!   After Gail gets off work today, she will be taking me to dinner.   Just a very nice, lazy, easy-going day...nice way to spend a birthday.

SIX sets, dang, FreeSoul!  My PT will only let me do 2 sets of each machine, lol, and only light weights too.  Yes, I'm a wimp...   Congrats on the miles and the weight training circuit!  Does Rocky get to do weights too?

Maybe you could incorporate him into your strength training....

Would he love that? 

Lol no, rocky doesn't go along with me to the gym. I am jealous of your weather.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Lol.  That's exactly whatI thought!

Hardy, har, har. I'm disappointed in the both of yous. Whatever happened to nerds sticking together. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hardy, har, har. I'm disappointed in the both of yous. Whatever happened to nerds sticking together. 

We are. The TomTom nerds are sticking together.

Damaris

LRB

We are. The TomTom nerds are sticking together.

Yeah I am always late to catch on with the times, mostly because I'm a rebel.