Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's MonDAILY - Goodbye Olympics....Hello Spring Training !!! (Read 26 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

TGIM  

Short run day for us after work.  3 days to Florida.

Congrats on the 40 mile week AW.  Congrats on the  2 mile week Bin !!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! It should be FIM, thank you very much.

Nada.  Unless I go walk outside but it's too hot.  So there.

Damaris

hog4life

Hi Jerry and Damaris.

Today is supposed to be 7x1200's, yippie!!

Dad on the run.

Hey penguins! My 25 mile week turned into 13. I've been having some killer sinus pain and unable to breathe so I didn't think running was a great idea. I think I have seasonal allergies and spring time always does a number on me. I've started some Allegra so hopefully that will help! Going to try and grab 4 after work.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

PADRunner

Morning all.

Amazing my knees still work, I may try 1.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Back to work and winter is back too. Arg.  SRD today.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Bin Running

On leave today and had time to run a double. Smile 6+5M done.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!! My weekend was so nice, with temps in the 60's! I even sat in the sun for a while with DH on Saturday, which was awesome! I planted my snow peas too, figuring that I'd probably better not wait, since they prefer cool weather. My hands and arms are a bit spotty today, and I have no idea why. I swear I haven't done anything different! I'll have to keep an eye on it and see what happens ...

Jerryb -- have fun with the short run!!

Docket -- I totally agree with your Monday sentiment!!

jblack -- hope your allergies clear up!!

PAD -- hope your 1 works!!

kristin -- yeah, it got colder here too, blech. I may still go for a walk today, it's not terribly cold here ...

Bin -- woo-hoo for your double!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

jblack: Yeah Spring in Alabama is the worst for allergies. My son has allergies and asthma and it's not pretty during March. Only a couple of weeks until the Evil Yellow Cloud descends on us . For you guys who have never been in the South during spring, for a week or 2 you can literally see a yellow cloud of pollen attacking like something out of a bad sci-fi movie. Piles up on the ground and coats everyone's car and turns them yellow, it's insane. Luckily that pollen is too big to breathe in so it doesn't affect allergies much. It's the small invisible pollen that gets ya. 

AFM: No running for me still. Since I can't run I'll pretend I was planning 8 miles at a 7 minute pace, but was thwarted by my evil injuries.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning, Penguins!! My weekend was so nice, with temps in the 60's! I even sat in the sun for a while with DH on Saturday, which was awesome! I planted my snow peas too, figuring that I'd probably better not wait, since they prefer cool weather. My hands and arms are a bit spotty today, and I have no idea why. I swear I haven't done anything different! I'll have to keep an eye on it and see what happens ...

kristin -- yeah, it got colder here too, blech. I may still go for a walk today, it's not terribly cold here ...

It's funny how even while not working, Monday feels like a drag!

Damaris

hog4life

Nice to hear you were able to enjoy the sun. It was really nice here too this past weekend.

hog4life

jblack: Yeah Spring in Alabama is the worst for allergies. My son has allergies and asthma and it's not pretty during March. Only a couple of weeks until the Evil Yellow Cloud descends on us . For you guys who have never been in the South during spring, for a week or 2 you can literally see a yellow cloud of pollen attacking like something out of a bad sci-fi movie. Piles up on the ground and coats everyone's car and turns them yellow, it's insane. Luckily that pollen is too big to breathe in so it doesn't affect allergies much. It's the small invisible pollen that gets ya. 

AFM: No running for me still. Since I can't run I'll pretend I was planning 8 miles at a 7 minute pace, but was thwarted by my evil injuries.

Take care of the injury, maybe next year you can do the Rumpshaker 5k with Jimmy and I.

SheCan

Good morning Penguin friends!

Jerry-- Yay@ it being almost trip time!

Docket-- hang in there.  This recovery time will be over in no time.

Mitch-- enjoy the workout!

Jimmy-- hope you're feeling better soon.

PAD-- LOL, glad you're body is still working! ;-)

kristin-- glad your cousin is doing better, and finally remembered and "met" her DD again.  I certainly hope she gets to enjoy a full recovery.

Bin-- YAY@ daddy having some time to get his runs in!   How are you feeling for your race this coming weekend?  (personally I think you'll end up surprising yourself with how well you do.)

HsM-- Glad you had some fun in the sun planting snow peas.  Sounds like such a spring thing to do!

SO42-- Oh my that yellow cloud sounds ominous!  I lived in AL in my mid-twenties, but I guess it didn't affect me too much back then.  Now, it'd probably be a totally different story.  Enjoy your rest day today.

I'm soooooooo glad it's rest day today!  Last week I felt I really did a lot.  I did my race last Sunday, took several days off, then did several days of hiking, a bit of stationary biking and still got 32 miles of running in.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

SO42-- Oh my that yellow cloud sounds ominous!  I lived in AL in my mid-twenties, but I guess it didn't affect me too much back then.  Now, it'd probably be a totally different story.  Enjoy your rest day today.

I'm soooooooo glad it's rest day today!  Last week I felt I really did a lot.  I did my race last Sunday, took several days off, then did several days of hiking, a bit of stationary biking and still got 32 miles of running in.

You're still in your twenties, right?