Beginners and Beyond

Today Is Brought To You By The Friday Penguins! (Read 29 times)

hog4life

Jimmy, yea you asked me a while back. I will not be able to make the Vulcan run this year. That is the same day we are doing the NOBO 10k/5k graduation here in my home community. I'll run the 10k first on my own, then do the 5k as a pacer for someone, not sure what pace I'll get assigned to yet.

FYI- the Liz Hurley is tomorrow. They combined both male and female together this year. 6500 runners all at once! They are supposed to do a corral system, errp, we'll see how that goes.

Dad on the run.

Hog - Yea, I really wanted to run that this year but my cousing has a XC race tomorrow and I told him we would be there.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Still stuck in Court so I'll check back in later.  5 miles planned for tonight.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4 @ 10:30 w/dw.  First run of season with gloves, headband, turtleneck and my new Chicago marathon volunteer jacket. At least I  was able to wear short tights.  Actually got a little warm.  Good day for a movie.

Have a great weekend.....

tracilynn

I finally caught up to the pace bunny!  took me all year.  ha

I ran 5.0 @ 10:43 its was about 55 degrees and foggy.  Very nice run, enjoyed it.  Hands got chilly though.  Poo Monster was threatening me too but no disasters.

coralie, so sorry everything is hitting you at once {{{hugs}}}

mitch, good luck at Liz Hurley tomorrow.  Boy that is gonna be one major cluster fawk with all those runners.  I think the start line was kinda narrowish too, right?  better get there early and camp at the start line ha.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Yeah, baby!! 12 done at an 8:32 pace. I need to take mental health days more often! Lmao! I'm as giddy as a school girl. What a run! What a day! My burrito awaits!

coralie: try for a walk, at least. I hope you feel better.

Traci: congrats on getting your bunny. Getting close to pain free, I hope.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Doctor called in an omeprezol refill....feeling better already. Did not run this morning but am attending a charity zumba-thon tonight.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope you are having a better day Coralie.

Sloooow.

As I finished up typing, I realised my youngest had fallen asleep so I went back to bed with her. Feeling less tired 2 hours later Smile Having my "breakfast" and will jump on the treadmill soon. I'm thinking trying to run outside with the stroller would be a bad idea. I have a beastly Britax stroller plus a 35lbs 2 year old.

Jimmy, sounds like two great runs. If the shoes were causing the ITB issues, you still need to stretch, roll, ice, everything you were doing before. A Vulcan run sounds reeeaally cool, btw.

Docket, I'm guessing things are super busy now you are back to work? Hope the 5 goes well!

Jerry, how cold ks it getting where you are? We're still having some 80 days.

Traci, nice run this morning! Sounds like a twin of the temps here, down to the fog.

Kristin, feel better soon!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Coralie- When you're feeling like that, it's time to go for a run.  It won't fix any of the other crap, but you'll feel so much better afterward.

Jack- Enjoy the mental health day!

+1, Coralie.    I  hope things improve for you shortly!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

Coralie - Without a doubt! I actually have this 20 min stretch session I do, once I'm finally done (feels like it takes forever) my legs pretty much feel like I didn't even run.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

Traci - What about you?!? Wanna drive to B'ham and run the Vulcan 10k? Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Mistress Zelanie, hie thou thither and I would fain wish that thee have a merry time at the festival ! Big grin

Nice run for you, Jimmy!  Maybe the combination of your new insoles and shoes is the solution for you.

Happy hometown running, Margo!

No, not sick Mitch, lol.   Just lazy.  There are actually 4 events being held tomorrow in San Antonio, but they all wanted about $40 for their 5Ks.  That is a bit too steep for me for a 5K, especially with as many events as I do in a year..I have to budget my races!   Well, I will make up for missing this weekend because next weekend I have THREE races, as I am doing one Saturday morning, one Sunday morning, and one

Sunday evening.

Why are you in court, Damaris?  Are you back on the payroll now?

Nice run for you, Traci, sorry about the hands.  That is one reason I wear gloves all year round, even in the hot Texas summer.  My hands have some mild arthritis and poor circulation and when they get wet - even from sweat - they get cold and uncomfortable. So I wear these thin "China Silk" gloves that moves the moisture away from my hands and keeps them comfortable. They also work great for chilly days, down to about 34 degrees or so.  You might want to give them a try.    I get mine from Land's End - http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-silk-interlock-glove-liner/id_187932 - and these work really well for me. They also come in a 'natural/white' color, if you don't like black.  On REALLY cold days, you can use these as liners under another pair of gloves.

Congrats on a great run for you, Jack!  Wait, didn't you just run 11 the other day?  You're getting to be a regular distance runner!

Glad you are feeling better, Kristin. Enjoy the Zumba-thon!  "Shake shake shake.....shake your booty!"  Big grin

SheCan

Good morning friends!

Gustav-- love the name of the thread today.  Great job on your run with hill sprints.

Bin-- I sure hope the baby is getting better.

Scotty-- so happy you're having some decent cool weather there finally!  I agree, those cooler runs sure are a pleasure after running in the heat for a long time.  Have you been getting much rain there?  It sure was wet in Dallas while we were there.

zelanie-- wow @ the guy running the Antarctica Marathon.  I bet that was quite the experience.  There are some seriously hardcore people out there.

Jack-- enjoy your nonsick-sick day!   I don't blame ya one bit for just taking it.  BTW, fantastic run for you!

Coralie-- Sorry things are not going so well for you.  That's a lot of stress you're under.  Glad you got some rest in.

kristin-- glad you're doing better.  Enjoy the zumbathon!

I did 12 miles today much, much slower then Mr. Jack did his.  Will go over later this afternoon to help with packet pickup for the race tomorrow.   In the morning, I have to leave by 6:00 for race day volunteering.  Should be done by noon, but think I will hang out a while for the beer fest.  It should be such a fun day though I doubt I end up having time for a run.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well,  I stand CORRECTED!   Looks like I will be doing an event tomorrow.  The RD for one of the races this weekend is a good friend of mine.  He just called me and asked if I had committed to any other races this weekend.  I told him "no' and he said "Come do mine tomorrow morning and do your photo/race report on it for me and I will let you in for half-price."   Nice!  So I will be doing a 5K that supports a Young Marines organization.

Quite rainy around here the last few days, Cherie!  Tapering off now, we are supposed to have a lovely weekend, highs in only the 60s. Sweet! Congrats on your 12 miles!

My boss just came by and told me I can leave work NOW, as I worked overtime a couple days ago to get a short-notice project done.  So I am outta hear, off to pick up my packet for my 5K for tomorrow morning.