Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Don't make ME do this... (Read 54 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If you ask nice, I might make it my avi.

Damaris

LRB

I will ask nicely, but I also want more biscuits to go with that gravy dammit!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Speaking of contractors, my electrician is here now putting in lights I've been talking about putting in for years! Yay!

LRB

Speaking of contractors, my electrician is here now putting in lights I've been talking about putting in for years! Yay!

You needed an electrician and did not call me?  Touche`.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

No idea lol.... when my parents plan things I am usually not involved, they plan differently than I do and I find it is better to just let them deal with things lol. By the way this is the 27th.... I have to go to Atlanta to see my grandma and Ft Meyers to see my aunt first.

OK!  Let me know where you are staying, although I assume you might stay closer to the airport (which is close to me) due to the flight?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If they need help with good areas, let me know.  Or food ideas.

No idea lol.... when my parents plan things I am usually not involved, they plan differently than I do and I find it is better to just let them deal with things lol. By the way this is the 27th.... I have to go to Atlanta to see my grandma and Ft Meyers to see my aunt first.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Do send recommendations... they're super last minute with travel planning sooo....knowing them they haven't booked a thing...

Which is why I need to stay out of it when they plan things. I like to do things way in advance. They like to "wing it." And even if I research things and pressure them to book things they usually don't listen to me anyway. They are frustrating to travel with, so I've taken the attitude of just staying out of it. But I will pass on any ideas you can give!

If they need help with good areas, let me know.  Or food ideas.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If they want to stay near all the noise and touristy part and not rent a car, South Beach or Miami Beach is the best place to stay (the taxi will cost a lot to the airport though).  If they want to stay in a quiet area near the airport and have an airport shuttle but need to rent a car or pay a lot for a taxi cab ride to South Beach, stay in Doral (cheaper than South Beach too).  If it was a weekend, I could drive you around, but I'll be working all day.  If you stay in Doral, I could drop you off and pick you up but it has to be at like 7am and 5pm.  Sorry I cannot help more.

Do send recommendations... they're super last minute with travel planning sooo....knowing them they haven't booked a thing...

Which is why I need to stay out of it when they plan things. I like to do things way in advance. They like to "wing it." And even if I research things and pressure them to book things they usually don't listen to me anyway. They are frustrating to travel with, so I've taken the attitude of just staying out of it. But I will pass on any ideas you can give!

Damaris

Hi dailies:

15.44 GA in new shoesSmile

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi dailies:

Run DMC played the spring concert at the University of Chicago when I was an undergrad. You could not find a student body more comically different than a group, but the concert was awesome and so was the courtyard they played in.

5 more miles tonight, working from high 7s to mid 6s.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Due to this gorgeous weather I just couldn't help myself, I went for a spur of the moment 2.5 mile run on the trails. I wanted to enjoy this weather so much, even at the expense of soreness. If anything I'll drop Friday's easy 5 to 3 and really slow it down.

So that gives me 8.5 miles today.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Nice double FreeSoul.  Even if we can't agree on the weather, we can agree that being compelled to run twice in one day is purely awesome.

B-Plus

Hi dailies:

In your Tempo 5s? What do you think of them?

8 @ 8:59

In your Tempo 5s? What do you think of them?

8 @ 8:59

Nice recovery miles, B.

Yes, the Tempo 5's, lol.  First impression:  I'm not sure why I suddenly went sour on DST's.   Maybe because Elixir 8's are *so* good for my mechanics, to the point that I'll run non-goal 5K's in them.  DST's, hell no --  way too boatish.  Anyway, I wanted  change-up shoes to use on non-tempo days, and the ironically named Tempos seem like they'll be good for that.  Light, with a moderately firm and structured ride.

The arches are molded a bit higher than most lightweight stability, but they weren't uncomfortable and felt responsive enough to race in.  No hotspots or weirdness so far.  I did have to immediately change out the laces though, they came with sparkle-infused blue (Men's shoes should not have sparkles.  Ever.) swapped for an old pair of red to make a patriotic color scheme.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Nice recovery miles, B.

Yes, the Tempo 5's, lol.  First impression:  I'm not sure why I suddenly went sour on DST's.   Maybe because Elixir 8's are *so* good for my mechanics, to the point that I'll run non-goal 5K's in them.  DST's, hell no --  way too boatish.  Anyway, I wanted  change-up shoes to use on non-tempo days, and the ironically named Tempos seem like they'll be good for that.  Light, with a moderately firm and structured ride.

The arches are molded a bit higher than most lightweight stability, but they weren't uncomfortable and felt responsive enough to race in.  No hotspots or weirdness so far.  I did have to immediately change out the laces though, they came with sparkle-infused blue (Men's shoes should not have sparkles.  Ever.) swapped for an old pair of red to make a patriotic color scheme.

I tend to the of Adidas as moderately firm on the whole (excluding the new Boost line, which has a bit of a Hoka feel).  I was surprised to see that your Tempo 5s (8.3oz) are lighter than my Boston 3s (9.8oz).  Still, just having gone north of 100 miles on the Boston 3, I have to say I really like them.  You don't notice the weight and they're plenty zippy.  I'd say they're too much shoe for a marathon, but great for training.  I know, nobody asked for my opinion...but this was my "Go Adidas" moment.