Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES: Where the Rubber Meets the...TM (Read 42 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have an excuse, or one that I can't really control. Tried to go to bed at like 10 last night but was wide awake and couldn't fall asleep til almost midnight.  That is when Dorian woke up fussy with leg pains for 15-20 minutes

Do you think we WANT to sleep that little?  We cannot control insomnia.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The thing for me is once sleep, I will not stay sleep no matter when I actually crash. That could be 8:30 (which happens often) or midnight, which happens on occasion as well.

The about it though is I have learned to live with it so it's not really a complaint anymore, just a fact.

Truth be told I bring as much energy and sharpness to the table as any of my colleagues so I do not view it as a detriment anymore. It simply is what it is.

As aside, alcohol, sleep aids (both natural and pharmaceutical) or any other remedies I have tried have a similar effect on me; nothing. lol

We are definitely twins.  People think I drink coffee I am so hyper, when I rarely do (so that I can sleep at least 4-5 hours).

Damaris

LRB

I think we are twins.

I'm the ugly one. 

cjones1

Nice job by you treadmill, uh enthusiasts.  I have the attention span of a gnat, so I've never been able to focus running on one for very long.  7 miles easy for me in the newest few inches of snow.

Early morning temps around -13, so rest day tomorrow.  Yay sleep!!

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

DavePNW

Word.

Dave

LRB

I have red cord at 1:00 today and am looking forward to busting up both of my asses again.

My last session was awesome, I am really feeling strong through the hips and able to do all kinds of single leg bridges and hip extensions both on the floor and the stability ball.

How it all translates to racing remains to be seen but I am encouraged it will be positive.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm the ugly one. 

That's because you have less hair.

Damaris

LRB

LRB

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Insomnia sucks, and I am glad I don't have it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Little Blue

I think we are twins.

Based on both of your profile pictures, I can definitely see it!

Baboon

delicate flower

Based on both of your profile pictures, I can definitely see it!

I'm the ugly one. 

<3

LRB

lol

Buelligan

I had a terrible January because of insomnia.   For weeks I was out of rhythm with my sleep cycle and would spend the days in a sleepy fog and the nights with my eyes wide open.  It was like I had forgotten how to fall asleep.

I'm good now... sleep is so glorious.

Still waiting for it to warm up for my run.

Buelligan

<----   I love my new avatar!  It's Peach, a friend of mine.  I have friends who are dogs.