Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday, January 12 (Read 44 times)

DavePNW

I just wanted to interject to say I am completely lost on the rules of the miles game now. I thought it was pretty simple but apparently it's not. Thankfully I do not care about the rules and just run what I'm going to run.

Dave

onemile

I'm starting to regret asking this question.

What if you are running 3x2 miles at half marathon pace? Three intervals of 2 miles each..?

bluerun

Super B****

What if you are running 3x2 miles at half marathon pace? Three intervals of 2 miles each..?

That's how I'd log it, yes.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I now subscribe to the "just run" mentality.

This thread hurts my brain.

You're not supposed to actually read it! It's like teen smoking, don't inhale. lol

onemile

I just switched my workout last night to Tempo. But then I will have 2 tempo workouts this week. 

Baboon

delicate flower

I just wanted to interject to say I am completely lost on the rules of the miles game now. I thought it was pretty simple but apparently it's not. Thankfully I do not care about the rules and just run what I'm going to run.

I figure it's like QB rating.  Nobody really understands how it works, but the higher the number, the better.

ETA:  Passer rating, not that bullshit ESPN stat that nobody cares about.

<3

onemile

Are you regretting joining?

LRB

How hard can it be? Run. Log your miles. Done. You don't even have to post them anymore. It's wonderful, right??

DavePNW

Are you regretting joining?

No. Like I said, it doesn't change what I do, and I don't even have to log on to RWOL now. And I get the benefit another dailies to post in. 

Dave

DavePNW

How hard can it be? Run. Log your miles. Done. You don't even have to post them anymore. It's wonderful, right??

Oh totally. You literally have to do nothing different than you normally do. Unless you were stupid enough to sign up to be a team captain. (The question about regret should go to Baboon.) It's just how they want to score seems to be getting confusing. Which again, I don't care that much about.

Dave

LRB

There is a chart in the Daniel's book where it shows the corresponding pace to distance for tempo runs. Once it reaches a certain length, it does intersect with MP right? Hansons is based on Daniels.

Correct. Their numbers are based off his chart, but they changed the meaning of not only what tempo pace is, but what a tempo run is as well.

For example; under Daniels, only the portion of the run AT tempo pace is considered the tempo run. So 2 easy + 4 x 1 T + 2 easy is technically a 4 mile tempo run, not 8. Whereas with the Hansons, 2 easy + 8 MP + 2 easy is a 12 mile tempo run (Daniels would simply call it a MP run, which is what it us).

And as an aside (you already know this but for those who are unfamiliar), this is why I would log the former as a tempo run, because I follow Daniels and mile repeats are considered exactly that.

onemile

For example; under Daniels, only the portion of the run AT tempo pace is considered the tempo run. So 2 easy + 4 x 1 T + 2 easy is technically a 4 mile tempo run, not 8. Whereas with the Hansons, 2 easy + 8 MP + 2 easy is a 12 mile tempo run (Daniels would simply call it a MP run, which is what it us).

And as an aside (you already know this but for those who are unfamiliar), this is why I would log the former as a tempo run, because I follow Daniels and mile repeats are considered exactly that.

I would consider it 8 with 4 at tempo or 12 with 8 at tempo. But, I don't separate out the wu/cd in my log because I'm lazy.

onemile

Oh totally. You literally have to do nothing different than you normally do. Unless you were stupid enough to sign up to be a team captain. (The question about regret should go to Baboon.) It's just how they want to score seems to be getting confusing. Which again, I don't care that much about.

There used to be a bonus if you got 100% participation but I guess there is no such thing as non-posting now.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

You're not supposed to actually read it! It's like teen smoking, don't inhale. lol

So you can inhale as an adult?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris