Beginners and Beyond

The truth about TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am actually up to 6 minutes on the plank position.  Reached that goal last...... Thursday, somehow I can only do 3-4 minutes in the morning but then 6 minutes that evening (same day). First time my stomach was hurting, my shoulders/biceps and even my quads were shaky. Not near as bad this evening

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am actually up to 6 minutes on the plank position.  Reached that goal last...... Thursday, somehow I can only do 3-4 minutes in the morning but then 6 minutes that evening (same day). First time my stomach was hurting, my shoulders/biceps and even my quads were shaky. Not near as bad this evening

Maybe that's why you wanted to puke?

Damaris

LRB

.... my guilt for eating a donut is driving me crazy 

I ate a big ass bowl of ice cream at work for the ice cream social which entailed; three scoops of vanilla ice cream drizzled with caramel and fudge, plus banana and strawberry slices.

I savored every delicious bite of that bitch and left my guilt on Stephenson Highway some damn where. lol

You're a runner FFS, run an extra mile or two tomorrow.

Cyberic

This is where the 220 has been a pleasant surprise, I have 7 custom workouts stored in that thing. It's awesome!

I have those on the 610 too. Very nice!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Maybe that's why you wanted to puke?

Nope, I wanted to puke after eating the donut this afternoon. Not during or after the plank position 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I ate a big ass bowl of ice cream at work for the ice cream social which entailed; three scoops of vanilla ice cream drizzled with caramel and fudge, plus banana and strawberry slices.

I savored every delicious bite of that bitch and left my guilt on Stephenson Highway some damn where. lol

You're a runner FFS, run an extra mile or two tomorrow.

Lol, I still feel like I need to be punished.

I've already got 7 planned tomorrow, hell I ran 7.6 miles this morning..... but I am no longer going to the gym on Wednesdays.

PRs

LRB

I have those on the 610 too. Very nice!

I could only store one on the 410 which sucked if you were undecided or indecisive (for whatever reason) about what you were running on a given day.

This way, if I am not feeling up to a VO2 max workout I can dial up a much slower tempo workout or shorter "R" pace workout on the fly, without missing a beat.

Cyberic

I could only store one on the 410 which sucked if you were undecided or indecisive (for whatever reason) about what you were running on a given day.

This way, if I am not feeling up to a VO2 max workout I can dial up a much slower tempo workout or shorter "R" pace workout on the fly, without missing a beat.

Dunno if there's a max amout of custom workouts I can store on the 610, but I have 7 on the watch right now, and that's plenty IMO.

GinnyinPA

I eat whatever I want, with no guilt whatsoever.  As long as my weight stays more or less stable, I don't worry about it.  As long as I'm running and walking as much as I do, it works.

Eight miles on the TM today, with 4 x 1 mile at approximately 10k pace.  The hamstring must be getting better, since it didn't hurt at all while running fast, just afterwards.

LRB

Dunno if there's a max amout of custom workouts I can store on the 610, but I have 7 on the watch right now, and that's plenty IMO.

I have about 16 on Garmin Connect. A couple are variations of others with longer/shorter intervals or recoveries so there is no need to download them to my watch.

I can actually run them all without them being programmed but would have to keep track of where I am on the track or in the interval which can be a pain. This way I just run, wait for the beep, then slow down and repeat.

LRB

The hamstring must be getting better, since it didn't hurt at all while running fast, just afterwards.

Hopefully that is progress.

Little Blue

I eat whatever I want, with no guilt whatsoever.  As long as my weight stays more or less stable, I don't worry about it.  As long as I'm running and walking and working as much as I do, it works.

+1

MTA:  Donuts are for breakfast.

Half Crazy K 2.0

For the second week in a row, I ran on Monday instead of Tuesday because the weather people were calling for severe storms in the afternoon & evening. Last week, it didn't happen until after midnight. Today it was 8pm. I did ab & ass strength work instead.

Little Blue

Let them know you won't  vote for them in the next weather man election.

We had dire warnings tonight, too.  Nary a rumble.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't eat whatever I want, but donuts aren't exactly something I crave or want often anyways. Last winter I found myself in the typical mindset of a runner - "I run, therefore I eat......... anything and everything" - and I didn't want to be there. I have other goals and wants other than running, and unfortunately I am not one of those lucky ones who can shovel down their throat whatever their tummy desires without gaining weight or bloating up  but I also don't want to just stay where I am currently - weight wise, another 5 lbs gone would please me.

PRs