Beginners and Beyond

The truth about TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

LRB

FINE. All I want is to do it one more time before I retire.

lol

That's what we all want...until the next one rolls along. 

onemile

lol

That's what we all want...until the next one rolls along. 

Baboon

delicate flower

Good morning!

4 miles last night after a 20 mile bike ride which is the longest I've ever ridden.  I was wiped out. Baboon, I don't know how you do those duathlon thingies.  5 on the schedule for tonight.

If you did those back to back, that there is what we call a brick workout, and they are tough.  No wonder you're wiped out.  Big grin  Even if you did the bike ride in the morning, doing your run the same day as your longest ride would certainly be tiring.  Good job.

<3

LRB

You stay as upright as possible....

Welp, I'm out. lol

Seriously, that is dedication right there.  Way to make lemonade out of them shits yo. 

B-Plus

8.5-9.5 hours of pool running per week is pretty hardcore.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Just had a glazed donut.... it tasted good going in but now I want to puke damn it 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

9 miles with 6x800. 7 miles with 3x1600. Last track speed workout before switching to the longer, slower intervals. 

1 week and a couple of miles behind DaveP.

LRB

I have track tomorrow but have not decided on a workout yet. 

DavePNW

Well presumably you're following the plan more closely than I am. Should've done my 1600's last week but got off a week somehow & did them the previous week. I was left with an extra week before starting the strength intervals, so threw the 800's in there. Anyway I ended up doing the 6x1 at the track after all, and worked out just fine. Maybe I'll stick with that for Tuesdays.

Dave

DavePNW

I have track tomorrow but have not decided on a workout yet. 

This is what happens when you write your own plan! I had a bunch of workouts this time around where I was still undecided upon arriving to the track, including a few decided only while already running the first repeat. 

Dave

workinprogress11

If you did those back to back, that there is what we call a brick workout, and they are tough.  No wonder you're wiped out.  Big grin  Even if you did the bike ride in the morning, doing your run the same day as your longest ride would certainly be tiring.  Good job.

Thanks!  It was about an hour between the ride and the run so I could shove food down my pie hole. I was starving after the ride.

I'm going to have to upgrade my bike from my $20.00 garage sale Schwinn from the 80's if I'm going to keep this up.

LRB

This is what happens when you write your own plan! I had a bunch of workouts this time around where I was still undecided upon arriving to the track, including a few decided only while already running the first repeat. 

This is where the 220 has been a pleasant surprise, I have 7 custom workouts stored in that thing. It's awesome!

The flip side to dancing to the beat of your own drum though is you can do whatever the hell you want, whenever you want.

The downside is it's speed work, so it's gonna suck regardless. The only question is how bad and for how long. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just had a glazed donut.... it tasted good going in but now I want to puke damn it 

That's because it was not a KK donut, right?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nap and weights are done.  Waiting for His Highness to get ready to go out to run.  The whole street is flooded so we're going to check the park.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's because it was not a KK donut, right?

It wasn't,  but would've SUCKED regardless. .... my guilt for eating a donut is driving me crazy 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)