Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: The beginning of the end (Read 47 times)

Ric-G

6.5 miles this AM...another vote for running intervals on the street - especially when nearby tracks suck...younger sons bday today...i hear from the wiseguys in vegas that birdman will win best pic tonite (or boyhood)...basya - hoping for the best...have a great sunday everyone else!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

I'll do up to 10k pace on the street and 5k pace in 3 minute intervals or shorter. Anything longer and chances are good I'll be getting stopped by some distracted driver as I run in a city where the blocks are not long, ergo there are more of them.

That said if I have a track nearby but if I had to I would make it work so forget everything I just said. 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

5 miles done, 3 of them good, 2 of them bad. More time off needed, dammit. Oh well, I suppose there are worse things in life.

DavePNW

Also on Tuesday will be my first VO2 Max workout, 12 miles with 6x1200m @ 3-5k pace.  Does anyone do intervals on the street?  I'll need to do that workout in the morning and I'm not sure I can use the track by my house.  1200m is about 3/4 of a mile, so I can easily track that with my Garmin.

I've done it, especially the longer ones. You just need to have long enough stretches where you don't have to cross any streets or anything. But I've certainly never done 6 repeats of 1200m at that kind of pace. I do 4 of those; if I had to do 6, I would die.

16 miles for me. Bleah, was definitely not into it. Temp got up over 20, but still felt cold. I managed to not actually look at my watch till I was past 12. But really wanted to be done at that point, another 4 seemed like an eternity. Although I did manage to pick up the pace at the end; overall was MP+60, last 2 were MP+30 and MP+10. Glad to be done.

61 miles for the week, first one >60 since September.

Dave

LRB

Temp got up over 20, but still felt cold.

I wore a long sleeve tech over a singlet and was fine for the run (sweated like a pig actually), but now am freezing my avocados off.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I wore a long sleeve tech over a singlet and was fine for the run (sweated like a pig actually), but now am freezing my avocados off.

Holy guacamole!

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Holy guacamole!

lol

25 degrees with a wind chill of 21, windy but only parts of it since it's a loop. I probably could have done without the singlet but didn't want to chance it. I was comfortable once I got going.

I get really hot though while running so there is that.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I visited my dad this morning. The suspicion is that he has early-stage multiple myeloma. He'll have a bone marrow biopsy tomorrow.

I'm f****** terrified.

Sorry you and your dad are going through this, hopefully they can catch it and help him.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5 miles done, 3 of them good, 2 of them bad. More time off needed, dammit. Oh well, I suppose there are worse things in life.

Ugh.  Sorry.

Damaris

LRB

I visited my dad this morning. The suspicion is that he has early-stage multiple myeloma. He'll have a bone marrow biopsy tomorrow.

I'm f****** terrified.

I have no idea what that is but hope it's caught early enough so he can resume his life as it once was.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, Basya, I missed that part of your post.  Thinking of you and your dad, hoping for good news.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

3.1. Glad I went even though I was not wanting to go. I'm encouraged the intervals have really been making my easy pace faster. I want easy down a little more before I start building distance again at that pace. Still the speed is coming back and significant gain on what feels easy.

It it was hot too. Friday I was in fleece running shirt, fleece head band and running pants. Today shorts and sports bra. Just weird temp swings.

Marjorie

LRB

3.1. Glad I went even though I was not wanting to go. I'm encouraged the intervals have really been making my easy pace faster. I want easy down a little more before I start building distance again at that pace. Still the speed is coming back and significant gain on what feels easy.

It it was hot too. Friday I was in fleece running shirt, fleece head band and running pants. Today shorts and sports bra. Just weird temp swings.

Weird weather everywhere.

LRB

11miles with 3x2 miles at half marathon pace on moderately frozen roads. 

That's a solid workout, race coming up?

StepbyStep-SH

Basya - Prayers for you and your dad.

An hour+ on the stationary bike, then walked a mile on the indoor track.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.