Beginners and Beyond

October Mileage - Post 'Em! (Read 74 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

One of my lowest months at 143.  Between not working, tapering for Chicago, working, tapering for MCM, and stuff, it was low.  Bring on November.

Damaris

MothAudio

Month: 319 / Year: 2458

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

happylily

Can I also add my miles walked in Chicago? That would be an extra 50 miles. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Dad on the run.

I can understand getting 100 miles but you guys with 200 and 300 miles a month... holy shit! I just can't wrap my head around that. How do ya'll manage to work and still get those kinds of miles in?

Managed 63 miles this week Sad was wanting to be closer to 80 but damn IT band....

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

happylily

I can understand getting 100 miles but you guys with 200 and 300 miles a month... holy shit! I just can't wrap my head around that. How do ya'll manage to work and still get those kinds of miles in?

Managed 63 miles this week Sad was wanting to be closer to 80 but damn IT band....

If you have young kids, no sitter, and you can't run during your lunch break, it's difficult to manage the time, whatever people will tell you...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MothAudio

They pay me to run.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, I am trying to figure out just how I would get 200-300 miles in one month. Hell, next year I probably won't have a month near 200 miles, sadly during the week I can only manage 7-8 miles in the morning before work, I would have to get up at 4 a.m if I wanted to run longer than 9 miles (which I plan on). It's just crazy to imagine, I mean maybe if some runs are cut in half, like 5 or 7 miles in the morning and then 7 or 8 miles in the evening to add up to 13-15 miles for one day everyday then I could see it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

outoftheblue

With 2 weeks of post-marathon recovery I only managed 121 this month.

Life is good.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Currently my alarm goes off at 3.15am.

I leave for work no later than 6am every day, today was even earlier due to a global call (don't want our Korean colleagues up too late at night)

You do what you have to do

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Crazy, what time do you go to bed?

Currently my alarm goes off at 3.15am.

I leave for work no later than 6am every day, today was even earlier due to a global call (don't want our Korean colleagues up too late at night)

You do what you have to do

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

For me, it's basically 60-75 minutes of exercise a day, with a few rest days each month tossed in.  I'm hitting the 230's and am pretty much on cruise control at this point.  I'm going to start slowly building up though.  Not having kids certainly keeps my schedule clear.

Get up, work, go home and take care of the dog, run, make dinner, relax, go to bed, repeat.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

I don't even know, it's pathetic... somewhere around 90.  Partly because I took a week off after a half (that I didn't even race), partly because my body is behaving like a useless piece of [insert expletive of choice here].  Grrr.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I am super busy with my kids' activities. One is a runner and the other is a swimmer/runner. XC meets, swim meets, track meets, parent meetings, etc. It never ends but I love every second of it. There have been days when I have to get up at 4:00am to get in a run but that's fine. I still made it to the swim meet. Smile my point is I make the time to run when it seems like I don't have any.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Crazy, what time do you go to bed?

Typically 9pm.

I do also try to nap during the weekends to catch up a bit

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

DavePNW

Seemingly not much to speak of, but a big improvement from the prior 3 months that were each ~40 due to knee injury.

Have been pretty consistent the last few weeks, would really like to start increasing distance & adding a day back in (currently 3 days/wk). But still pretty nervous about problems coming back.

Dave