Beginners and Beyond

October Mileage - Post 'Em! (Read 74 times)

happylily

I was thinking more along the lines of not wanting overly tired legs tomorrow since I may be running trails and those wicked little rocks and roots are just waiting to trip me while running on tired legs.

Of course. Everything has a reason... Why would you want to do something stupid and risky? Why would anyone? I don't know anyone like that myself. :-)

Btw, rocks and roots are evil. Be careful out there. But also, enjoy it all for me, while I'll be staring at my garage wall.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

hog4life

Ric-G

132.5......about what I expected....

marathon pr - 3:16

MothAudio

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Bin Running

200.2 for the month..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

303.97 for October, 2820 YTD.

I am single except on paper (with no kids), so that helps.

Here's what a 100+ mile week looks like (and I need to do more of these once the next marathon cycle starts, 60-70 is not going to cut it.  This one happened on my staycation, the other one this year was literally work/run/eat/sleep during a busy time at work.)

Sun - 4 recovery

Mon - 10.6

Tue - 21.1

Wed - 10.5, 10.5 double

Thurs - 15.5

Fri - 10.5, 10.6 double

Sat - 5K, another 5K, 4 recovery

Zelanie

FreeSoul, I've run over 200 miles once, and that was even a month that included two out of town trips, one for one of my daughter's activities, and one for a wedding.   It was mostly done on 5 days a week, although over 45ish MPW I added a 6th day some of the time- just a 3-5 mi recovery run instead of one of the RDs.  At that mileage it seemed like the recovery run was just as good as the RD, really.

Once you know what your target is, you just look at your week and plan around it.  The busiest day of my daughter's event the scheduled easy 8 became two 4's.  It was easy enough to get that in before and after.  And when we were at the wedding, it gave me a chance to get to run with one of my SIL's friends who was in town and also a runner.  It helped a lot that DH was supportive, and that DD is old enough to make sure her basic needs are met.

That month was also the month I ran my highest-VO2Max race that I have run so far.  I'm pretty sure that's not an accident.

Mmmmm...beer

260.8, a monthly PR by .2! lol  Two 260 mile months in a row, feeling great! Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

234 down 20 from last month.

Antipodean

My October was a disappointing 50 miles, give or take (81.1 km). After my half on Sept. 29 I let a series of shorter races take up my Sundays as opposed to long runs and let life get in the way. I just came back from 10 days away in Japan for work and did not run once. I'm a little worried about getting my mileage back up because November is looking pretty busy as well. I am thinking of registering for two halfs next year, March & May so will use that, as well as a 10 k series in Jan-March, as motivation to get a long run going again by December.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Motormouse

Proud Aussie

213.5 miles. Starting to get it back up there again.

Goal: BQ or Bust.  (Done: BQ -5mins July 2014)

Selecting new goal.........

No more marathons

Lowest monthly mileage (97) since April of 2012.  That's when DS ran his first marathon (in 2:42) and I went on my quest to join him in Boston.  Took 4 days off after my half at the end of  last month to rest a bruised foot pad.  I expect to be back over 100 for November - maybe even close to 120.  Same for Dec.  Then start marathon plan.  I'm at 1,245 for the year.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Dad on the run.

Rriiiggghhhtttt.....

Of course. Everything has a reason... Why would you want to do something stupid and risky? Why would anyone? I don't know anyone like that myself. :-)

Btw, rocks and roots are evil. Be careful out there. But also, enjoy it all for me, while I'll be staring at my garage wall.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

And this is why you are significantly faster than me and we have been running the same amount of time.

260.8, a monthly PR by .2! lol  Two 260 mile months in a row, feeling great! Big grin

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

DavePNW

303.97 for October, 2820 YTD.

I am single except on paper (with no kids), so that helps.

Here's what a 100+ mile week looks like (and I need to do more of these once the next marathon cycle starts, 60-70 is not going to cut it.  This one happened on my staycation, the other one this year was literally work/run/eat/sleep during a busy time at work.)

Sun - 4 recovery

Mon - 10.6

Tue - 21.1

Wed - 10.5, 10.5 double

Thurs - 15.5

Fri - 10.5, 10.6 double

Sat - 5K, another 5K, 4 recovery

That is an effing unreal schedule. I can never imagine doing that in my life. Yes I suppose single with no kids helps; independently wealthy with no job would be even better. But still, there is the small challenge of avoiding having your body totally break down.

Dave