Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES are out the door (Read 47 times)

DavePNW

7 miles.

Dave

You Rang?

Progression run this morning. My neighborhood has 1/2 mile blocks so I used the traffic lights to mark the progression points. Why didn't I think of this earlier?

Anyone in the Dailies have any experience with the Garmin Swim?  I'm looking for something to count laps in the pool (other than my ever-aging brain).  I'm not a triathlete so I don't want or need (ok need) the big fancy triathlete watch just to count my laps. I'm afraid if I bought the big fancy triathlete watch, the next thing I'd buy is a bike that costs more than my car.  So anyone use the Garmin Swim?

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

delicate flower

Progression run this morning. My neighborhood has 1/2 mile blocks so I used the traffic lights to mark the progression points. Why didn't I think of this earlier?

Anyone in the Dailies have any experience with the Garmin Swim?  I'm looking for something to count laps in the pool (other than my ever-aging brain).  I'm not a triathlete so I don't want or need (ok need) the big fancy triathlete watch just to count my laps. I'm afraid if I bought the big fancy triathlete watch, the next thing I'd buy is a bike that costs more than my car.  So anyone use the Garmin Swim?

DW uses one.  It does the job!

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Ooh, someone brought me a Boston Cream (I'm all alone in the conference room).  I think I need the carbs, no?

Definitely!!  Boston Cream is my favorite, it's been waaaaaaay too long since I've had one!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Hoping the bitch at work is not there today so we can all have a nice day.  A

I wonder what her name for you is.

Good luck with the shoes Cy, the off season is the perfect time for those sorts of things. What are running for quality this weekend?

Hi Z. You travel a lot for work, are you like someone of importance for your district?

Good luck with the run FS. When's your next 5k? I mean you might as well work on speed, right?

Hi lily. That sounds great, have you run it before?

What's up PR. Once you're fully recovered, your normal paces might come with extreme ease. That's known as a jump in fitness, and it's a wonderful thing! Those mostly occur as you are climbing the running mountain, not so much once you get to the top. lol

Hi Blue. I need tires for my stupid truck. They're size 20's so that's like 20 thousand dollars. lol

Any race planned this weekend Cy? When does training for your spring marathon begin?

LRB

tl;dr:  swim lesson last night, run this morning.

I shake my head no while reading some of your posts. As in, hell no. lol

What's a typical week of training going to look like for you once you're doing all three disciplines?

Only 34 this weekend D2? Easy peasy! You mentioned getting back on track with your weight awhile back, how is that going for you? I haven't stepped foot on a scale since MRT began.

What does a Boston cream donut taste like D? I'm not a fan of creams or custards and not really a fan of donuts for that matter. I'm not exactly sure why that is.

delicate flower

I shake my head no while reading some of your posts. As in, hell no. lol

What's a typical week of training going to look like for you once you're doing all three disciplines?

Once I get going, I'm looking at runs 4-5 days a week (35-40 mpw), bike rides 2-3 times a week, 2 swims, and a swim lesson.  9-10 hours a week training from now through the winter, 12-14 hours once we get into the spring and summer.  The rides and runs are planned around one another.  The swims are sort of scheduled as their own thing.

<3

LRB

My old ass rickety body has its own method of doing progression runs. I just run normal and as it wakes up I go faster. lol

So what did you settle on for a quality run tomorrow D Pizzle Nizzle Wizzle?

As for me, I ran 7 this morning and it was a carbon copy of my other 3 runs this week, not a lot of fun. I've done a fantastic job of beating myself down the past 2 and a half months, hopefully, I will do as well fixing myself up the next 14 days.

onemile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wonder what her name for you is.

Probably the same.  But in this area of work, I deserve it; there is a difference.

Damaris

Cyberic

Hehehe, yep, your turn 

Oops, I might have misunderstood your post. Isn't it 20 days LRB?

Mmmmm...beer

Only 34 this weekend D2? Easy peasy! You mentioned getting back on track with your weight awhile back, how is that going for you? I haven't stepped foot on a scale since MRT began.

What does a Boston cream donut taste like D? I'm not a fan of creams or custards and not really a fan of donuts for that matter. I'm not exactly sure why that is.

Still holding steady, apparently my body is pretty happy here. lol  Although, to be honest, I've really only cut back on the beer a lil, haven't really done much else.

Oh, Boston Cream is pretty much the best donut on the planet, like cream filled heaven with chocolate on top.  Damn, now I'm gonna have to get one! 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

onemile

Oops, I might have misunderstood your post. Isn't it 20 days LRB?

2 weeks from tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Still holding steady, apparently my body is pretty happy here. lol  Although, to be honest, I've really only cut back on the beer a lil, haven't really done much else.

Oh, Boston Cream is pretty much the best donut on the planet, like cream filled heaven with chocolate on top.  Damn, now I'm gonna have to get one! 

To me, it's the glazed donut!

Damaris

LRB

Probably the same.  But in this area of work, I deserve it; there is a difference.

I love that. Cool