Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies: Now is the winter of our discontent (Read 44 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This movie makes you want to go out and kick some Taliban ass!  Based on a true story, it ended with a pictorial tribute to the soldiers who lost their lives.  Very moving.

Yeah, but do not give away the ending in the title 

Damaris

LRB

Still not too bad, but I could have finished at least a couple of minutes faster with even pacing, gotta work on that. 1:47:44 for 3rd in my age group.

Not bad is right considering the time you have missed the past couple of months.  A 7:11 pace is pretty impressive to carry for 15 freakin' miles man!

LRB

Yeah, but do not give away the ending in the title 

They should have just named it Operation Red Wings (I mean, that is what it was), but it was based on the book The Lone Survivor and I think there is an assumption by the producers that everyone knows the story already, but they are wrong.

Good call D, I had this feeling of impending doom throughout the movie because of the stupid title.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I have a great update on my cousin's wife, just got a phone call! The swelling went down enough to bring her out of the coma, hopefully permanently, and off life support as well! My uncle said she is talking and wiggling fingers!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Excellent!

outoftheblue

Kristin -- So  very glad to hear the news on your sister.  More prayers sent that her recovery continues.

Life is good.

happylily

What positive news, K.! Keep us informed.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

HobbitLegs

elevenses

SRD for me, just got home from work. Ready for some food and football.

Kristin - So glad for a positive report. I work for a church, so I had some folks put in a good word or two for her. 

D2 - Congrats on your race, you are speedy!

Scotty - Congrats on your race, how many is that for this year already?

Hi to everyone else!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have a great update on my cousin's wife, just got a phone call! The swelling went down enough to bring her out of the coma, hopefully permanently, and off life support as well! My uncle said she is talking and wiggling fingers!!!

Great news.

Damaris

DavePNW

So at today's 15 mile race, I went with the classic go out to fast and then crash and burn on the second half strategy, seems to be my MO lately.  Still not too bad, but I could have finished at least a couple of minutes faster with even pacing, gotta work on that. 1:47:44 for 3rd in my age group.

Nice race!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We got the new bikes today.  Well, only his because mine will be here Tuesday.  They are Scott Atacama Sport X60s and here is someone I know taking it out for a spin:

And here is Hershey's reaction to the bike:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151880765871332&l=6985211266121774445

Damaris

outoftheblue

D2 -- Nice job on the 3rd AG placement.

Damaris -- Fun!

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Great news Kristin!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

D- sorry you weren't feeling up to the full.

D^2 - congrats on the AG placement

Kristin - great news

19.0 today, with some portions faster than easy, track/TM/track.

I went to the first meeting of a new running club forming at the Y, prepared to give vague answers about my goals if it was mostly newbies.  "Meet people and have fun..."  heh.  Instead, I found that a really fast guy is helping out, and is an experienced coach.  So, I wrote down my true goals for 2014, and may even consider heeding some of his advice Tongue.

happylily

I went to the first meeting of a new running club forming at the Y, prepared to give vague answers about my goals if it was mostly newbies.  "Meet people and have fun..."  heh.  Instead, I found that a really fast guy is helping out, and is an experienced coach.  So, I wrote down my true goals for 2014, and may even consider heeding some of his advice Tongue.

You mean a guy faster than you? How is that even possible?  That sounds very promising, Jay. Good luck!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010