Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #217 (Read 26 times)

KCRuns

Good Morning!

I ran 6.25 with 5x 800/400 plus 3x 200/200.  The 2nd 800 started on an uphill and had a section on lower Randolph which messes with the paces a bit (I was running at 5k-ish effort and it said a 17mm pace).  On the last 200, I had to pause twice for cars turning into driveways who wouldn't stop for me.  Jerks.  Other than that, the run was great!  The weather was cool and breezy and overcast, it was perfect.  The intervals felt good and I hit my goal paces on all of them.

Rest day, work day...  glad as most places I run would have been flooded

onemile

It was so amazing out this morning, I can't even say how happy it made me to run in mid-50's temps.

Anyway. 10 miles with 15x200m with 200m jog recoveries with URP. Fun workout. My garmin died during the cooldown though (I should have charged it last night)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I didn't have 50s like onemile but I had 62F this morning. Ran 3.25 because my legs were not moving fast at all, but it felt so nice to be outside. I have more tonight, probably 2-3 more.

Damaris

DavePNW

8 miles.

Dave

Cyberic

Glad you're all having great runs!

I put on my Endorphin pros, wanting to do a 10 x Aussie Quarters, even though I wasn't feeling it. I stopped after 6. Had ss, and it was raining a lot, and I'm still tired, and fts!

Many people who know the business well think my marathon will happen, unless a stupid Covid catastrophe hits us. For now, all is stable in that aspect (unlike what I read about the USA in the news... ouch... )

So I want to train hard for the marathon, but my body won't let me, ffs.

onemile

Glad you're all having great runs!

I put on my Endorphin pros, wanting to do a 10 x Aussie Quarters, even though I wasn't feeling it. I stopped after 6. Had ss, and it was raining a lot, and I'm still tired, and fts!

Many people who know the business well think my marathon will happen, unless a stupid Covid catastrophe hits us. For now, all is stable in that aspect (unlike what I read about the USA in the news... ouch... )

So I want to train hard for the marathon, but my body won't let me, ffs.

I am impressed with your efforts.

I did zero workouts last week because I felt exhausted so it's not like we are all rocking hard training right now. You are putting in a ton of miles too along with the quality

Baboon

delicate flower

It's kind of weird looking outside right now and there is no wind whatsoever, when in about two hours we'll have a direct hit from a tropical storm.  Dog is in for a rough afternoon.  Working for the power company now, it is "all hands on deck" during a weather event.  My emergency role is a guard for downed power lines, but I have not been trained yet so I am off the hook for this storm.  The emergency job becomes your new job until you are dismissed, whether it's one day or one week.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's kind of weird looking outside right now and there is no wind whatsoever, when in about two hours we'll have a direct hit from a tropical storm.  Dog is in for a rough afternoon.  Working for the power company now, it is "all hands on deck" during a weather event.  My emergency role is a guard for downed power lines, but I have not been trained yet so I am off the hook for this storm.  The emergency job becomes your new job until you are dismissed, whether it's one day or one week.

That's normal before a hurricane. The change between no wind (and normally more heat since the hurricane is taking all the wind and moisture with it) to windy AF is usually sudden.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

That's normal before a hurricane. The change between no wind (and normally more heat since the hurricane is taking all the wind and moisture with it) to windy AF is usually sudden.

The TS is currently over me right now. It was odd because we had a fair amount of rain last night that was not associated with the storm. The wind seems to be cycling here, not constant gusts. There have been some impressive periods of rain & wind. Sounds like it will clear my area by early afternoon.

Baboon, I wonder if that means sit in company vehicle & make sure no idiots contact the powerlines? We've been very lucky in that our power rarely goes out, but there are homes in the immediate area that always seem to lose power. The power company will send a vehicle to watch the downed wires, which then results in all sorts of pissed off social medica posts about them doing nothing.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The TS is currently over me right now. It was odd because we had a fair amount of rain last night that was not associated with the storm. The wind seems to be cycling here, not constant gusts. There have been some impressive periods of rain & wind. Sounds like it will clear my area by early afternoon.

Baboon, I wonder if that means sit in company vehicle & make sure no idiots contact the powerlines? We've been very lucky in that our power rarely goes out, but there are homes in the immediate area that always seem to lose power. The power company will send a vehicle to watch the downed wires, which then results in all sorts of pissed off social medica posts about them doing nothing.

Also, this one seems to be mostly water. It flooded areas of PR and PR is mostly mountains and flooding is not something they get often.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Also, this one seems to be mostly water. It flooded areas of PR and PR is mostly mountains and flooding is not something they get often.

Yep. Lots of rain. From the maps I saw, looks like the heaviest rain is almost in line with I95. I live a little west of that, so not quite as heavy. I'm also on the top of a hill, so the house isn't going to flood.

Baboon

delicate flower

Let the good times roll.

<3

KCRuns

Interesting.  Does this mean you can't evacuate if needed or just that you have to come back as soon as the storm passes?

I would have thought they'd want to keep you in your current role to make sure they all get paid on time for all that overtime they'll be earning.

Baboon

delicate flower

Interesting.  Does this mean you can't evacuate if needed or just that you have to come back as soon as the storm passes?

I would have thought they'd want to keep you in your current role to make sure they all get paid on time for all that overtime they'll be earning.

I have not been trained so I don't know what the expectations are, but I would assume I'd be allowed to take whatever time would be needed to get payroll done before returning to my emergency role.

<3