Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES got taper, bad (Read 60 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

New to the group here, seeing what it's like. Wait, so there are two daily threads going on? I'm so confused.

"Easy" 5 miles yesterday. I'm building the habit and going sloooowly. 5 miles still doesn't seem easy to me no matter what pace I go, but I know it will someday if I keep at it. And I definitely have some soreness. I had some shin splint-y type stuff that loosened up while I ran yesterday but I can feel it today, and some tightness behind my right knee. Both seem to be responding to some self-massage, so I think they're n00b aches and pains rather than injuries. I hope.

Still waiting for the new shoes I ordered a bit ago to see if those help, too. They're shipping on the slow boat from an army base in Germany, so we'll see if they show up before the snow flies.

Welcome!  You have me at your avi!  There are two dailies and you're welcome to post in one or both (or none).  One is the regular dailies (this one) and one is for slower runners (we call ourselves penguins).  When we migrated from RWOL, both dailies existed and it had a different set of people that have become friends so we all decided (tacitly) to remain on two different threads because the dynamics vary.

Damaris

obiebyke

Thanks for explaining, Docket! I'll definitely be hanging out with the penguins.

My avi is my dude Bean. I have a dudette, too. They love me even when I'm sweaty.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

B-Plus

Great pics Beth!

SRD yesterday. 7 miles later today.

LRB

I have got to get it in before 8 PM.... Tigers are on, baby!  Which Verlander is going to show up??

Does it matter with the way these clowns are hitting, so frustrating.  It will probably be a 0-0 game that goes into extra innings!  Aye.  I certainly am hoping for the best, but geez these guys give me a friggin' heart attack!

BBB, if you are a Sox fan you are looking pretty good what with the way they are mashing the ball!

MiOski, you're back!  Don't ever leave me again!

Ric, hooray for the weekend!

Hi Blue, you have been smart post marathon.  I know you are feeling the need to get back at it!

Obie, you will have to tell that story someday.  We're all about other peoples business.  lol

Hey Jack, or is it Jack Sprat could eat no fat, his wife could eat no lean.  lol

Scotty, enjoy the view during your run!

Sarah, I cut the calories when I am idle.  You do not want to give it all back...or maybe you do!  ;-)

Hello Marj, Damaris, Kristin, Zelly, Shari, Andrea, and Beth!

Supp Drew and BP!

As for me, normally I pluck them out with tweezers every other week or so, but I have come to the realization that the grey hairs in my beard are gonna win.  That is all.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I will be lapping at the park in a couple hours.  Hopefully me mental capacity is great enough for about 5 miles worth of laps.

Running for TJ because he can't.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Coffee is great, it is another beautiful day here. A bit warmer than I like, around 75 but better than this past Summer. I took Dorian and Rocky for a walk this morning, 2.55 miles and we might go for another walk this evening or I'll just do some core strength exercises instead.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I will be lapping at the park in a couple hours.  Hopefully me mental capacity is great enough for about 5 miles worth of laps.

Funny, when I'm in the park I do my lapping at the water fountain.

Welcome to the group, obiebyke!

Ric, sometimes those 4-day workweeks, like after a long holiday weekend, can really seem to drag!

I did not get out for lunch, my co-workers medical appointment ran a bit long.  Which is understandable as she, like me, is retired military; but she goes to the VA hospital (I go to a military base hospital) and for some reason that always takes longer than the military hospitals do. And probably especially now with this govt shutdown thing going on.   So I will run after work, which is nice too, especially as I get off work at 4 PM, and the weather will be good....84 degrees, 50% humidity, and 58 dewpoint...nice weather, huh Damaris?     Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

I worked out at the work gym in my flip flops because I forgot my shoes AGAIN.   At least the plan was upper body stuff anyway, so it was fine but I am an idiot.

Hip Redux

Welcome!  You have me at your avi!  There are two dailies and you're welcome to post in one or both (or none).  One is the regular dailies (this one) and one is for slower runners (we call ourselves penguins).  When we migrated from RWOL, both dailies existed and it had a different set of people that have become friends so we all decided (tacitly) to remain on two different threads because the dynamics vary.

Shit, I've been posting in the wrong one!   Tongue

Some of those penguins are pretty damn fast compared to me.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nah, most of us post in both.  There are no rules!

massage therapist appointment went really well. I am in massage heaven!

Damaris

LRB

LRB- Morning and peace and quiet never gets old in my book. Enjoy your day.

Missed ya on my earlier post, oops.  Lookin good in the new avi!  Blush

I just got in but cannot have a drink yet because I have an errand to make.  Is that some shit or what!  >:-/

Robert31320

Team TJ

I got in my 5 miles in the park this afternoon.

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

I got in my 5 miles in the park this afternoon.

Looks like I forgot you too!  In my defense, I got my head kicked in at work!  Nice run!

StepbyStep-SH

5 great miles this morning! My friend and I discovered some we hadn't known about through an old rock quarry at the top of the bluffs overlooking the Mississippi River. Gorgeous place for a fall run!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

meaghansketch

Hey I finally got back to running!  After 3 days off, today was 8 w/ 5 @ MP.  The cold is not entirely gone but it's on its way out-- just in time for me to do my last 20 on Saturday.