Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 38 times)

KCRuns

Wow, this is great (except the part about da Bears). What was the food like? That's my thing, EATING! lol

The food was great!  In Italy, we just wandered into random places that looked nice to eat and all were very good, you could tell the ingredients were really fresh. We tried to order a different dish at every place.  At one place in Rome I had homemade fettuccine noodles with fresh seafood and it was divine. In Sorrento, our tour guide took us to his favorite place with an amazing view of the Med.  The food was delicious (pasta), but the view was even better!   On our last day in Rome we stopped in a little sandwich shop while doing some last minute sight seeing and I ordered a sandwich made with Bresaola.  I didn't know what it was when I ordered it (air dried aged salted beef), but it's something I'm going to look for here to recreate that sandwich, it was yummy.  We had only pre-planned two meals in advance, one in London at a Michelin starred Peruvian restaurant (DH's family is from Peru), Lima London.  DH ordered the 18 hour braised suckling pig and I had the Beef Pachamanca, both were some of the best Peruvian food we've ever had, and that's saying something.  In Barcelona we had reservations at Gaudim for Seafood Paella and it was absolutely delicious.  I've had paella before of course, but this was incredible.  Everywhere else we just ate what we found on our way to the next tour, all good food, but those were the standouts.

sdWhiskers

RD for me. I slept in until 630 and it was glorious.

DS has been doing running club before school. He's basically running 1-1.5 miles 3x week as part of it. Not bad for a 6 year old. And the best part--he likes it

sdWhiskers

Work the past two years has been difficult, stressful, and at times I have legit wanted to quit, and it has all been building to today.  Things are going so well that I almost want to cry.  It's like training for a marathon, and then you run the marathon of your life.

This is awesome!

How big is your company?

KCRuns

Work the past two years has been difficult, stressful, and at times I have legit wanted to quit, and it has all been building to today.  Things are going so well that I almost want to cry.  It's like training for a marathon, and then you run the marathon of your life.

Awesome!  You've worked your butt off and stood up to others when they wanted to launch too soon.  It must be an amazing feeling to see all of that hard work pay off!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

That's the funny thing -- my cadence is actually much LOWER on the AlterG. I average around 180 on the road, but it's usually between 150-160 on the AlterG, depending on the pace. I thought this seemed weird and that my foot pod was getting it wrong, so I've actually counted my steps. The foot pod is not wrong.

Wow, that seems so counter-intuitive! My cadence has been low since getting started again, and at least now I know the AlterG won't be the route to go to get it back up! To be honest, I'm pretty sure that I just need some drills and speed work to get the legs turning over again, but I'm not quite to the point where I'm comfortable doing that yet.

KC...sounds like a wonderful food experience!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

DavePNW

Wow. That’s pretty awesome. That so rarely happens. Either at work or at marathons.

Dave

delicate flower

Awesome!  You've worked your butt off and stood up to others when they wanted to launch too soon.  It must be an amazing feeling to see all of that hard work pay off!

Funny, I e-mailed my boss today to let him know that in hindsight, postponing the go-live was 100% the right call and the added expense was worth it.  It definitely feels great, but it also a huge relief.

<3

DavePNW

Funny, I e-mailed my boss today to let him know that in hindsight, postponing the go-live was 100% the right call and the added expense was worth it.  It definitely feels great, but it also a huge relief.

We postponed our go-live a few times, and it still ended up being a total dumpster fire. Guess we needed you on the team.

Dave

delicate flower

We postponed our go-live a few times, and it still ended up being a total dumpster fire. Guess we needed you on the team.

I have heard many horror stories, including yours, Oski's, and Mr. Oski's, so I as really expecting the same thing here.

<3

DavePNW

The mid-morning hangries have been strong with me the past few days.

Dave

delicate flower

I can't discuss with Dave every time we get a Boston Marathon e-mail for 2020, and that makes me sad.  I mean I guess I still can, but it's not the same.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

I can't find the project I did for one of my grad classes, but I remember a huge percentage of ERP  projects fail. Often miserably

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

The mid-morning hangries have been strong with me the past few days.

Mine as well...my body's attempt to sabotage my recent weight loss I am sure 

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Runshortii

Our hospital is going live with a new system in February, which has already been post poned like 3 times, and we have to go live in February or we lose the funding for it. Should be a fun time

Runshortii

I can't discuss with Dave every time we get a Boston Marathon e-mail for 2020, and that makes me sad.  I mean I guess I still can, but it's not the same.

I just got an email today!! I felt like such a noob because I was really excited 

I ran 5