Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Old dogs New tricks (Read 35 times)

LRB

I ran 8 (with 6 strides).

The stride extension felt good to my booty cakes 

LRB

Actually considering that this year myself...

Prices go up at midnight. The marathon is 97% sold out, juss sayin'

LRB

Hi!!!  I have a couple of weeks of dailies to catch up on.

Since I already had lousy training this year and threw all the goals out the window months ago, we went ahead and booked our long dreamed about and discussed but never acted upon trip to Italy.  It was everything I hoped it would be and more!  We checked a lot off the bucket list and even saw the Bears play (sad ending) in London, which was tons of fun.  I took running clothes with big plans for sunrise runs through Rome, but we booked lots of early tours that derailed that plan.  The tours were awesome though and we did walk everywhere, so I'm calling it cross training.

We got home last night and I'm back at work today.  So far I feel pretty good and even got 4.79 run/walk miles along the lakefront during lunch today.  It was 70 and sunny, absolutely perfect.

Wow, this is great (except the part about da Bears). What was the food like? That's my thing, EATING! lol

LRB

Okay i'm copying and pasting, and will catch up later.

Howdy, folks! I'm back from my conference and mini vacay, and did not run at all the whole time I was gone. I was worried I'd have forgotten how to run. And also I was concerned that with the amount of sheer gluttony, if I tried to run, I'd roll around like a beach ball, lol. Luckily, neither happened today and I ran 7.2 miles. This time away from the car break-in site (bastards).

I've missed a ton! So Baboon is running a marathon soonish? Docket is busted up and in the hospital, but intends to run Chicago this weekend (is KC running Chi-town, too? Anyone else??),  Blue & Dave are running HMs this weekend, FC is running a 5k this weekend, NYC is looming in the not so distant distance (I'm looking at you, LRB!), FS also has Indy coming up (is it the same weekend as NYC? and Dockiet is also running IMM?) and I'm sure I'm forgetting people. I'm just covering up through November, btw. I know Whiskers is running CIM (anyone else??) and Baboon is running Space Coast, right?

i'm glad you all are racing so I don't have to. Big grin

Huge sigh, I was super duper excited about it until I started reading horror stories about the course. Now I wanna cry. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 easy miles.

Daffy Duck, I thought it was Hannah Barbara Land? I haven't been to Kings Dominion in about 20 years, was just looking it up and they changed the names on a lot of the rides. Scooby Doo is now the Ghoster Coaster and the Rebel Yell is now Racer 75 according to Google.

onemile

Huge sigh, I was super duper excited about it until I started reading horror stories about the course. Now I wanna cry. lol

It's not that bad.  I thought CIM felt hillier

onemile

I ran 6. It felt more like I ran a marathon 3 days ago than I would have liked 

LRB

It's not that bad.  I thought CIM felt hillier

Should I complete it, I will have run Boston, CIM and New York consecutively. Shit, maybe I'm the one that should register for the Monumental Marathon!

Half Crazy K 2.0

After last weekend 5k with the secret start line, the one I registered for on Saturday sent out info that they want to get cute with the start. Basicslly, the vision is there will be an aisle in the start corral that the wheelchairs will be pushed through so everyone can cheer. Sounds nice in theory. Considering you can't get people to STFU to hear race annoucements or the national anthem, I give this about a 1% chance of working.

DavePNW

Boston, CIM and New York consecutively. 

That’s quite a string.

Dave

onemile

Should I complete it, I will have run Boston, CIM and New York consecutively. Shit, maybe I'm the one that should register for the Monumental Marathon!

Houston!

Also I think you should sign up for Chicago.  Me & the RPs are planning to register

LRB

Houston!

Also I think you should sign up for Chicago.  Me & the RPs are planning to register

Geezus woman, that's two marathons in one post. How about throwing a third one out there for shits and giggles. 

LRB

That’s quite a string.

Hopefully I don't end up in a ball of yarn between a cats paws. lol

Cyberic

I ran 6. It felt more like I ran a marathon 3 days ago than I would have liked 

You ran for 3:40 straight. You'd need to be quite the mileage monster not to feel that, like a lot. I'd definitely feel it for a little while.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran 6 and I also felt like I just ran a marathon and my marathon hasn't even happened, lol.

But the ankle/foot behaved. I don't think it's a sprain. It's just swollen and my non-medical theory is that the scratched knee is swelling but the water retention is going to my foot because I'm either standing or sitting.  I read that can happen.

Damaris