Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Choose your level of stupid (Read 39 times)

LRB

'Sup.

It is currently 17 with a steady wind of 9 and a wind chill of 7. This is dangerously close to my designated FTS territory, like, right there. But with clear sidewalks and a disdain for the belt, I'm torn. Argh.

Maybe I'll dress for an outside run but take indoor stuff then decide when I get to work...

Men are always so indecisive, sigh.

Well, what would you do?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I'll take the top level of stupid, please.  It's where I feel the most at home.

I ran 3.2 miles.  Mid 20's with just a light wind wasn't bad, but it will be low teens in the morning.  We might even have an inch or two of snow.  I'm not a snow supporter, FTS.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Hi, might run, might not. One major deciding factor will be the state of the sidewalks. Haven't checked yet.

See ya.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hey all. Happy New Year

My level of stupidity involved a stair workout last night (my first and probably last) so today's equally stupid 10k in LRBs weather is gonna hurt.

Stay safe. Run strong.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

'Sup.

It is currently 17 with a steady wind of 9 and a wind chill of 7. This is dangerously close to my designated FTS territory, like, right there. But with clear sidewalks and a disdain for the belt, I'm torn. Argh.

Maybe I'll dress for an outside run but take indoor stuff then decide when I get to work...

Well, what would you do?

Stop thinking what caused it and decide what you have.  LOL.

Morning!  I have either 6 or 10 miles tonight and Pilates.

My car might be ready tomorrow or Saturday, FFS.  Might.

Damaris

onemile

It's 3* F here and will reach a high of 10*, feels like -6*

I ran in the Adidas Adios last night. I had been wanting to try them for awhile, but really, they feel almost identical to me as the Adidas Tempo. Supposedly the Tempo is an ounce heavier and uses less boost material.

LRB

Stop thinking what caused it and decide what you have.  LOL.

Hardy, har-har. Actually, the question pertained to my should I run indoor or outdoor dilemma. Keep up woman! 

LRB

Anyway, I ended up running 4 outside and it wasn't bad at all. I had considered running 6, but decided not to push my luck running on consecutive days for the first time since "it" happend. lol

Zelanie

Currently 24 with feels like 15 here.  Not quite upper plains weather but definitely FTS for Oregon.  There will be ice and might be freezing fog on the way to work.  I'll find out in a few minutes.

Baboon

delicate flower

Hello, kids!  2400 yard masters swim before work, and before the slaughter that is this pay day.  I'm just coming up for air here for a minute.  Good swim this morning despite fatigue and cramping from last night's run.  Bike session tonight.

<3

Cyberic

Ran 4 on icy sidewalks. It's done now.

DavePNW

Low 20s here again, 3rd day in a row wearing my jacket. Dry roads, so it's all good. 7 miles.

Dave

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

18 here with a feel like 3.

My butt is absolutely frozen. So I'm feeling no pain.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Mmmmm...beer

Happy 2017 everyone!!

Yes, I'm still alive :P Second half of last year was kind of pitiful for me running wise, low mileage, etc. I did run a marathon PR in October tho, and took 1st place masters with a 3:02:10, so that was good.  Also won a free pair of New Balance shoes through a strava contest for negative splitting my marathon.  Won a couple of 5Ks overall, that was cool too.

Gonna try to stay more focused for '17 in several areas, speed, strength, mileage.  Consistency will be the key.  I'll try to stick around and let you guys help keep me honest.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

I did run a marathon PR in October tho, and took 1st place masters with a 3:02:10, so that was good.  Also won a free pair of New Balance shoes through a strava contest for negative splitting my marathon.  

Oh, only that. Yeah, small potatoes.