Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #135 (Read 28 times)

sdWhiskers

sdWhiskers, are you wearing cycling shoes? If not, I wonder if the flex in running or other shoes is bothering your feet?

Yup, using cycling shoes.

I'm using MrW's bike which is too big so I was wondering if poor bike fit is causing the issue. Internets say that cyclists get PF usually from poor foot position (ie not using bike shoes) or seat too low. Bike seat is definitely not too low, it's actually too high even at the lowest setting. It's a long story but basically we bought a smart trainer, we should have it set up this weekend, and I can use a bike with a smaller frame on it.

If this is running related, then I blame my 70 mile week 2 weeks ago.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I ran 5 with 15x 1:00/1:00 fartleks.  Like Tuesday, I started around 10k and worked my way down to 5k.  That was tough.  But it feels good to do something more than just a super slow run/walk.

I totally get this. I did "speed" work pretty early when I strted back running in March. It was getting old to just run/walk and I didn't think I could skip the walk part.

DavePNW

14 miles.

Dave

onemile

14 miles.

going for 80 this week? are you planning to continue with the high mileage once you start your job?

LRB

So Amazon has this thing now where you don't have to pack and box a return. You just drop the item off at a UPS store and they handle it. Then as I drove off, my account was credited. Yeah I know,  who cares. I thought it was pretty cool though. Now I don't have to fudge around with boxes, tape or printing labels. 👍

LRB

going for 80 this week? 

I thought it was 100. 

onemile

I thought it was 100. 

he'd have to run 17.6 miles a day for the next 3.  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So Amazon has this thing now where you don't have to pack and box a return. You just drop the item off at a UPS store and they handle it. Then as I drove off, my account was credited. Yeah I know,  who cares. I thought it was pretty cool though. Now I don't have to fudge around with boxes, tape or printing labels. 👍

I love that service.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

14 miles.

I think he's running the miles that I'm missing 

DavePNW

he'd have to run 17.6 miles a day for the next 3.  

NO THANKS. That mom4running character in the miles game who goes 100+ every week is insane. Last week she did 118. I looked at her log; she did a bunch of doubles/triples, then a 22-miler on Saturday & a 27-miler on Sunday. JHFC.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I have a teammate who did 150+ last week

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

going for 80 this week? are you planning to continue with the high mileage once you start your job?

Probably about this. I’ve been kind of doing s 3-day rotation of short-medium-long; this week comes up with 3 longs. 

Not sure about the work schedule yet. Should be some flexibility with WFH, but I don’t think it’s a good idea with a new job to make a habit of disappearing for 2 hours in the middle of the day. My inclination is to go back to early mornings. Would not have to be quite as early, since no commute. But still not looking forward to it. I have been getting up early anyway, so that’s no problem, but it might take my body some time to re-acclimate to running first thing. I am so stiff and creaky when I get up. Anyway, I anticipate there would need to be a bit of a cutback, but we’ll see how it goes. 

BTW - shipment came today from my company with a laptop, external keyboard/mouse, and two external monitors. And I know my email address is set up, because I saw it copied on one sent to the personal address I have been using with them. Early indications are that this company more or less has their shit together. Something I could not say about my old company.

Dave

DavePNW

Incidentally, despite all the mileage I’ve been putting up, I have not run longer than 15 since March 7th.

Dave

LRB

I have a teammate who did 150+ last week

In the bench press?

bluerun

Super B****

In the bench press?

Yuk yuk

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog