Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday the 6th (Read 37 times)

From the Internet.

Tell me more - My 3 favorite store bought are Dog's Head 90 Minute, Stone Ruination 2.0, and Deshutes Fresh Squeezed.

Bell's Two Hearted Ale makes me warm and fuzzy all over. In fact, if that's all I drank for the rest of my life, I would die happy. lol

Founders All Day IPA is really light but works in a pinch. Ditto New Belgium's Fat Tire.

I've had Dog Fish Head 90 and 120 but never from the tap, which is not always practical but is the best way to judge a beer imho.

Hello this is my kind of conversation. Just 3 seems cruel, but if I HAAAAD to:

Stone Ruination 2.0 also, and Southern Tier Unearthly, and Bear Republic Racer 5.

From the Internet.

First day of black ice in the morning so I opted not to run and bust my ass up. I will run a few later, or maybe 10-11 if I'm feeling good, and then a short jog tomorrow morning (in the rain, but not cold enough to be ice so I'll take it).

GinnyinPA

Bell's Two Hearted Ale makes me warm and fuzzy all over. In fact, if that's all I drank for the rest of my life, I would die happy. lol

Founders All Day IPA is really light but works in a pinch. Ditto New Belgium's Fat Tire.

I've had Dog Fish Head 90 and 120 but never from the tap, which is not always practical but is the best way to judge a beer imho.

I've had that Bell's. It was good. I also liked their Stout and Christmas Ale.  Very few places carry Bells around here. I also like Fat Tire, but not their Side Trip.

DavePNW

What about Dogfish 60 minute IPA? DH buys that quite a bit plus it's on tap a lot of places around here.

DFH makes 60, 90, & 120 minute IPAs, in increasing order of IBU & ABV. Decreasing order of availability.

Dave

DavePNW

Very few places carry Bells around here. 

+1. I can't get any of my Michigan beers anymore. I mostly miss Founders, they are the best.

But there are no shortage of outstanding Washington beers, not to mention what comes from Oregon, the birthplace of craft brewing. And IPAs are huge out here. Although I generally go for a Stout or Porter.

Dave

Cyberic

But there are no shortage of outstanding Washington beers, not to mention what comes from Oregon, the birthplace of craft brewing. And IPAs are huge out here. 

From my very little time spent in Seattle, maybe 8 days total, I have to say that I agree whole heartedly with both statements.

Cyberic

Edit: double post

DavePNW

From my very little time spent in Seattle, maybe 8 days total, I have to say that I agree whole heartedly with both statements.

Of course if you were in Michigan drinking Bell's, you would agree Two-Heartedly.

Dave

LRB

I've had that Bell's. It was good. I also liked their Stout and Christmas Ale.  Very few places carry Bells around here. I also like Fat Tire, but not their Side Trip.

There was nothing I recognized in Cali, either. I would cry if I had to go through that entire process all over again. I mean, as much as I like beer, I hate buying beer to see if I'm going to like it! 

Baboon

delicate flower

Another late day at work....still here and am hopeful I can leave before 9:00.  Glad I swam this morning so I can say I worked out today, because there ain't no chance in hell I am spinning at 10:00 tonight.  

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

My favorite local liquor store has several flavors or Bell's at all time, but I have yet to see  DFH 120 min anywhere.  The Bell's Two Hearted is really good, their Expedition Stout is also really good.

My son lives in Portland, so I get a few Deshutes and other western things in the mail.   He gets back my creations, and assorted things from the east he doesn't see everyday.

I just finished a Chocolate Stout that I made.  Dave would probably aprove.  It turned out really nice.  It's 9.7% abv of dry-hopped cacao nibbed goodness.  As soon as I post this, I'm going to get a glass of an orange/grapefruit hopped IPA.  It's one of mine, and came in at 8.5% and 130 IBU.  You taste more grapefruit than orange, but the orange is there.

Beer is maybe > running.  I've never had to take time off from beer due to an injury.

Runner with a riding problem.

DavePNW

My favorite local liquor store has several flavors or Bell's at all time, but I have yet to see  DFH 120 min anywhere.  The Bell's Two Hearted is really good, their Expedition Stout is also really good.

My son lives in Portland, so I get a few Deshutes and other western things in the mail.   He gets back my creations, and assorted things from the east he doesn't see everyday.

I just finished a Chocolate Stout that I made.  Dave would probably aprove.  It turned out really nice.  It's 9.7% abv of dry-hopped cacao nibbed goodness.  As soon as I post this, I'm going to get a glass of an orange/grapefruit hopped IPA.  It's one of mine, and came in at 8.5% and 130 IBU.  You taste more grapefruit than orange, but the orange is there.

Beer is maybe > running.  I've never had to take time off from beer due to an injury.

You get me.

Dave

LRB

I feel really bad for you bro, I'm already licking my chops to get back out there. Most of us here have gone through extended periods of no running due to injury, so you're in the midst of people who get it.

Cyberic

I would possibly like the chocolate stout. I do not like stout as an every day beer like I do IPAs, but in the winter I like stouts.

130 IBU is pretty bitter. I usually prefer 60-100.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 on the treadmill and upper body weights.