Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #210 (Read 29 times)

LRB

I have been feeling like a hot, steamy pile of pooh the past couple of days running in this nonsense (4 yesterday - 5 today). Hopefully tomorrow will be better, I am just so sick of feeling miserable. Running is bad enough on its own, I don't need any help sucking.

LRB

Oh, and the A/C on my car took a crap last week. So I finally made it to the dealer yesterday to have it fixed and left as the owner of a new car.

onemile

Oh, and the A/C on my car took a crap last week. So I finally made it to the dealer yesterday to have it fixed and left as the owner of a new car.

What did you get??

onemile

I have been feeling like a hot, steamy pile of pooh the past couple of days running in this nonsense (4 yesterday - 5 today). Hopefully tomorrow will be better, I am just so sick of feeling miserable. Running is bad enough on its own, I don't need any help sucking.

I think a lot of it is the weather and not being able to keep up with the sweat loss.  I have been feeling exhausted myself.

DavePNW

If you're thinking about it, it's a first class event. There are people here who won't run it because it's Detroit. It's the stupidest shit ever.

You're not going to get that "wall of sound" of the bigger cities, but you also don't have the cluster bomb that is the logistics that come with them. The crowd support is plenty above board and comparable in stretches. It's easy to the start line and easy home. The finisher's medal and lanyard is gorgeous (not that that matters but if you're going to get a medal, get a medal!) I can't say anything bad about it, really.

I concur with all this, I've always recommended it to people. Pretty flat and usually good weather, you'd haul ass on it.

Another highlight: the homemade aid stations while running through the Indian Village neighborhood (and a few other areas). It was where I had the tastiest dixie cup of beer in my life, at a point when I had pretty much given up on the day.

Dave

GinnyinPA

It cost us $1000 to get our car's AC fixed last week, so I can understand buying a new car instead.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If you're thinking about it, it's a first class event. There are people here who won't run it because it's Detroit. It's the stupidest shit ever.

You're not going to get that "wall of sound" of the bigger cities, but you also don't have the cluster bomb that is the logistics that come with them. The crowd support is plenty above board and comparable in stretches. It's easy to the start line and easy home. The finisher's medal and lanyard is gorgeous (not that that matters but if you're going to get a medal, get a medal!) I can't say anything bad about it, really.

They do have a great Mile 15 full of beer tables. That by itself is worth doing the race apart from crossing into Canada and back. I liked the race.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The weekend and Monday look good!

Damaris

LRB

What did you get??

A Jeep Cherokee ffs.

Take it easy with me, it's my first Jeep.

I wasn't even thinking about a stupid car note but at 2.24% interest for 60 months (which I can pay off in 48 months for NO interest without penalty!) plus my car as a trade in and no money down, I was like FINE, literally.

LRB

I think a lot of it is the weather and not being able to keep up with the sweat loss.  I have been feeling exhausted myself.

I've been focusing on compensating for this but you're right, it's such an overlooked aspect to August July running in 2020.

LRB

They do have a great Mile 15 full of beer tables. That by itself is worth doing the race apart from crossing into Canada and back. I liked the race.

I couldn't believe the temps myself in 2017!

LRB

I concur with all this, I've always recommended it to people. Pretty flat and usually good weather, you'd haul ass on it.

Another highlight: the homemade aid stations while running through the Indian Village neighborhood (and a few other areas). It was where I had the tastiest dixie cup of beer in my life, at a point when I had pretty much given up on the day.

Dude at mile 24.5 looked at me and said, "That man needs a beer!" lol

He was sooooo right. I was dead!

LRB

It cost us $1000 to get our car's AC fixed last week, so I can understand buying a new car instead.

I didn't wait for a price but it was time. I had gotten great service out of my Edge and the miles were relatively low and it was in great condition so I cut the cord and took the upgrade.

DavePNW

Dude at mile 24.5 looked at me and said, "That man needs a beer!" lol

He was sooooo right. I was dead!

LOL, I must have gotten mine from the same beer station. I’ve never had a beer in a race otherwise and it never sounded good, but boy was it ever.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

LRB, enjoy the new car. I thought you had a pick up truck of some sort? Or do you have a work one? It definitely gets to the point with cars where the repairs just aren't worth it.