Beginners and Beyond

Raising the Bar MonDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

If you raise the bar during a game of limbo, Would that make the bar higher or lower?

LRB

'Sup.

I shall not run today for the first time in 20 days, and I am going to enjoy it.  Maybe some BOSU and core, we will see.

You on the other hand, are doing what?

bluerun

Super B****

If you raise the bar during a game of limbo, Would that make the bar higher or lower?

That depends on whether you're doing it figuratively or literally. 

I bored myself to tears on the trainer today because my knees are four decades older than the rest of me and they're not pleased right now.  Grumpy old creatures.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Little Blue

I shall rest, also.  Hahahaha.  Mid morning, I'll go mow my elderly friend's grass.  Then I'll go to work, no clue what the boss has in mind for today.  But it will no doubt be restful!

Enjoy your sloth!

Cyberic

Went to bed at 9 yesterday. I never do that because usually I could not make it until morning and wake up at 4 or 5. But with 3 hours of sleep the night before, I slept fine up to my alarm this morning.

I'll be running short of 13 today, because 4 laps around the park with the run from and to the shower place is about 12.70 km, and no, I'm not going to jog around the parking lot to make it a round number. I leave that nonesense to you guys. lol.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I have 8 miles tonight.

Damaris

delicate flower

Hello, internet!  Back to work this morning after 11 days off.  That was the fastest 11 days in history.  I am getting off easy though because half my staff is off today, I have no meetings, and there appears to be no urgent matters that require my immediate attention.  What the hell is going on here???

I've got 40 minutes easy today.

<3

Little Blue

Hello, internet!  Back to work this morning after 11 days off.  That was the fastest 11 days in history.  I am getting off easy though because half my staff is off today, I have no meetings, and there appears to be no urgent matters that require my immediate attention.  What the hell is going on here???

I've got 40 minutes easy today.

Perhaps you are no longer essential personnel?  Try not going in, see if they notice.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Had a great 21 miler yesterday, my first run with Tailwind and it really helped.  I've been getting a bit lightheaded after my long runs lately, even with plenty of water and gels, thought it might be electrolytes (for those who aren't aware, I sweat a LOT).  So I figured I'd give Tailwind a try, I've heard a lot of good things about it.  Four scoops (two going out, two coming back, in my 20oz handheld), and I was solid for 2:45, felt great after, and even feel better today than I usually do after my long runs.  I highly recommend it if you're looking for a good all in one nutrition/electrolyte/hydration solution.  I think it's going to really help when I start doing b2b long runs for my 50k.

Did 7 recovery this morning.

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys about the cheaters at my 5k on Sat.  I finished 7th overall, and only got passed once, by the first place female, so I was a bit surprised when I came around the final turn on Main St. and there was a guy in front of me in a blue shirt that I had never seen before (you know who's in front of you in a race), and he was barely even running, and not sweating (it took me almost an hour to stop sweating after the race, it was a lil warm).  So very suspect obviously.  I was debating whether or not to say something to the race organizers, but then it turns out I didn't have to, because as I was congratulating the first place female who passed me, she was telling me a very similar story about a female who finished in front of her, and we were both pretty certain (positive) that she was first.  She brought it up to the organizers and both runner's results were removed (they were together, saw them hanging out together after the race).  Who the hell cheats at a local 5k?  And if you're going to cheat, definitely don't be first female, that might draw a bit of attention. LOL

Also, the age group awards were beer pitchers, even for the kids age groups!  It was hilarious seeing a 9yo carrying a beer pitcher off the stage. 

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mmmmm...beer

Congrats blue & boon, great races!!  

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

D2, I hate cheaters!

Baboon, yeah, go home and see what happens!

Damaris

LRB

D2, I hate cheaters!

FFS, don't these people have internet service?? The public shaming that comes with that is not worth anything!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Blah on Monday, I forgot to check my alarm to make sure it was 4 AM so ended up waking up at 5 AM. Too late to go to the gym (starts getting busy around 5:30), so instead I took the dogs to the trails for an unscheduled easy run. It was only about 60-63 degrees so that felt great Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

Congrats blue & boon, great races!!  

Thank you!  I'm actually not thrilled, but beggars can't be choosers...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

StepbyStep-SH

I just don't understand the mentality it would take to cheat at a local race. What are you really gaining?

6.5 with the group this morning, but we were missing the speedy folks, so it was quite leisurely with extra walk breaks. One of the guys is just back to running after hernia surgery, so I'll say we were taking extra breaks for him, but I think it was mostly just because it's Monday.

Heading out today for two days with a DS, a friend of mine and her three kids. We'll explore a waterfall, a nature center and some other things in the area, then go to my FIL's farm for four-wheeler rides, pasture hikes, bonfire and roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. Tomorrow we'll do some hiking at a state park where the kids COULD swim, too, but the high temp is only supposed to be 70*. Apparently fall has arrived.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.