Beginners and Beyond

Dark & Windy ThursDAILIES (Read 38 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

How did you try to get them on here stonefence?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

on my way to badass

How did you try to get them on here stonefence?

One I copied the URL from flickr.  The other I copied from Facebook.

What's with the dimensions?  Maybe those are off.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Half Crazy K 2.0

A little trick I learned about shoe pricing. Holabird Sports can't always show their prices on the internet. If you add the shoes to your cart, the "real" price appears. I learned this during tax free week, I was bummed that my Wave Riders were still $119. I got to the store and they were $93! Even if it says MSRP & our price, still add it to your cart & check.

LRB

We'll see if I did this right.

Sadie

Sadie

The link isn't there. Try copying it from somewhere else, or just pasting the link.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

And you're off! Did you use anything I sent, or was that just noise? And remind us which race this is.

5, in the rain. I feel totally recovered. I guess that means I didn't race it hard enough.

It's your Detroit plan with Wed as easy instead of rest.  The Hanson's 16/80 hurt my feelings just to read.

Thanks again.

It's Cummins Falls Marathon Feb 25th.  Hilly and slow.  It gives me lots of built-in excuses.

Runner with a riding problem.

on my way to badass

Now I tried a different image from instagram.  It's not appearing to me but the link seems to be there.  I'm not really this incompetent.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

That might be tough to run the Hansons paced long runs only one day removed from the tempos

You are right.  I am curious to see how I maintain.  This plan has a long run every other week, so maybe that will make it doable.

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

MTA: I run alone most of the time, so no one laughs at me Smile

Figuratively mostly.

Asics as a shoe brand is loathed universally, and stability shoes are mocked pretty much by everyone, so it's a double-double. lol

LRB

Now I tried a different image from instagram.  It's not appearing to me but the link seems to be there.  I'm not really this incompetent.

Nah, everyone who has tried it here for the first time struggles. Everyone.

LRB

Looking back I don't know how I managed to do a workout on Tuesday and on Thursday, with just one day between.

I think it's mental. You look at something and either see a challenge, or something there that you like that makes what you don't like tolerable.

LRB

I think their formula was actually MP+10%. I didn't recall seeing that stated explicitly anywhere in the text (of course I don't read so well), but I think that's what it worked out to when you looked at the charts.

Speaking of stupid and dumb, what do you think of the Martian as a spring marathon? I'm sure the kids wouldn't mind the visit. Smile

bluerun

Super B****

I concluded three years ago that running 50 miles per week in a 6 or 7 or 8 ounce shoe exclusively is just not something I can risk, regardless of a specific injury. Some people can do it no problem, and I get laughed at a lot, but trying to fit a square peg in a round hole (which essentially is what I would be doing) is not something that interests me.

Aside from all of that, it actually makes sense to have a cushioned shoe.

Yeah, well, running that kind of mileage is not something I can do, regardless of my shoe choice!  I really prefer the feel of less, but my desire (ahem, NEED) to be able to run is greater than that preference, so there we go.  It isn't worth it to me to experiment with finding out whether I can "get away" with something like that when the alternative isn't really THAT terrible.

And besides... who cares what other people think about your footwear??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I always have trouble with posting photos from Instagram on here for some reason.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Yeah, well, running that kind of mileage is not something I can do, regardless of my shoe choice!  I really prefer the feel of less, but my desire (ahem, NEED) to be able to run is greater than that preference, so there we go.  It isn't worth it to me to experiment with finding out whether I can "get away" with something like that when the alternative isn't really THAT terrible.

We've arrived at the same intersection, via different methods.

I am not bothered by the thoughts and opinions of others, I mention it for context.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think their formula was actually MP+10%. I didn't recall seeing that stated explicitly anywhere in the text (of course I don't read so well), but I think that's what it worked out to when you looked at the charts.

Not sure.  MP + 10% is almost a minute for me and that's on the edge of my easy pace.  I think it's not 10% but X seconds.

Damaris