Beginners and Beyond

Everybody have fun tonight, everybody Fridailies! (Read 42 times)

delicate flower

Grip it and rip it!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  6 and core tonight.

I am having issues force feeding Trixie and she showed me how displeased she was last night when she peed her bed and herself.  At 1am.  Sigh.

Damaris

delicate flower

Happy Friday!  OMG wake up.  There are rumors abound on the internet about snow coming through the Greater New England area this weekend.  Thus as these things go, the world is in a state of severe panic.  Thankfully we have enough food in the house to get us through Sunday, because God forbid I have to venture into a grocery store and get trampled.  Speaking of the weekend, The Wife is headed to Florida for three days.  Whatever shall I do!?

Treadmill and gym stuff yesterday.  More treadmill today.

How are you fine folks doing today ALRIGHTY THEN.

<3

LRB

Supp!

If one rest day is good, two must be better, right?  Gonna do some light stretching though and maybe a little core, just to say I did something. 

Good morning and Happy Friday!

So Mr. Baboon, what will you do with all that snow with the DW out of town? Isn't she the snow clearerer? Not to brag, but I have a 19 year old DS that enjoys taking care of my driveway! We are suppose to get 3-6" by tomorrow mornng, so we will probably get 1 1/2" by the time it's all  done.

The DW and I will hit the gym after work. And hope to get at least 3 on the TM.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

Fasting blood test this morning (no breakfast?!?) then running errands. I'll try to get out for 6 miles at some point if I can.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

No run today, did yoga before work. Namaste, y'all.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Everybody Wang Chung tonite!  Wow, am I aging myself, lol.

I am feeling REALLY good both in health and my running.   Last night did HILLS HILLS HILLS and had an EXCELLENT run/walk.  Attacked all the hills and got up them all in good order, felt strong the whole way.  Took it easier on the downhills because downhills are harder on my back (stupid spinal arthritis! ) but even those went great.    Well, it's not like I'm running LRB pace, lol, my pace is MUCH easier (slower) than that.  Even so, I am doing great for me.  Don't know why but for the last month or so have felt really good on all my run/walks and races, even with my 11-minute mile paces.  Although lately I have actually been getting under 11-minute mile pace.  Last night I did 4.2 miles of hills in 44:53, averaging about 10:52 per mile, nice. Maybe it's helped that I've been eating lots less junk food and am now down to 194 lbs (was at 206 at the beginning of summer), first time I've been under 200 in a long while.  Not much of a weight loss, but every little bit helps, right?  Whatever the reason, my running is going well, and I sure hope it stays that way, knock on wood!

Gail has been sick for the last 3 days, my poor love.  Let me tell you, though, advice from an 'old married man' (29 years married this February) for you guys who have not been with your partner for very long....give her some sympathy, but DON'T try and 'fix it' - as we guys tend to try and do - just  simply be there for her and keep your mouth shut.    Otherwise...she will still be sick...and YOU may end up injured...

Today is a rest day for me and then I do my 73rd race of the year tomorrow, The Jingle Bell 5K for St. Jude's Children's Ranch - https://stjudesranch.org/

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

I am feeling REALLY good both in health and my running.   Last night did HILLS HILLS HILLS and had an EXCELLENT run/walk.  Attacked all the hills and got up them all in good order, felt strong the whole way.  Took it easier on the downhills because downhills are harder on my back (stupid spinal arthritis! ) but even those went great. 

Excellent!!  Downhill is definitely more stress on the back, I've noticed that too, but that's awesome that you are feeling so good!

Hip Redux

Grip it and rip it!

You made me think of this:

Video linky

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No run this morning, bed felt too good and I felt too tired so Rocky and I will get our 5 miles in tonight on the Greenway. I actually look forward to it, because if it is as empty as it was last night, I can let Rocky run loose while I run my own pace. Not sure why, but the Greenway is clear of snow, so you see this nice little blackish path through snow.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for starting us off, Baboon!  Snow coming and wife heading to Florida?   Get lots of beer and snacks, settle into the house and watch a lot of football.      No snow here for us.  We are heading into the upper 50s today, and for my 5K tomorrow (9 a.m. start) it will be a pleasant 47 degrees, lots of sunshine, and no wind.  Yay!   Saturday afternoon, just above 60 degrees.

Cats..what are you gonna do, Damaris, just have to do the best you can.   We had the same problem with Peanut a while back when he was having issues.  Vet finally put a 'feeding tube' in him, so we could feed him that way.  Even so, it took both me and Gail to feed him, she had to hold him still, while I injected the liquid food into his tube.  It did work well though and he soon started making a speedy recovery, thank goodness.  Wishing all the best for Trixie!

Consecutive rest days for you, LRB?     The world is ending....

You trained your 19-year old right, Sparker!   If he also enjoys raking leaves, can you send him to my house?   Have a good workout!

Hope you get good results back from your blood test, Step!  If the way you look is any indication of how your blood is too...then you're golden!     And hope you can get your run in.

Yoga...Gail will start 'hot yoga', Dave, in February....I think it is called Bikram and is done in a 105-degree room, yikes!  She loves it though, more power to her.   Have a great weekend!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I am getting used to this rest day stuff. What the heck, let's take one more!

Zelanie

Morning!  The lolcats on my phone say it's 37 degrees.  We get to have school for the first time in a week.  Should be an interesting day to say the least.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Back to work today in my sexy walking boot!!! So nice to be put of the house!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to