Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies: Wake up and go to work. (Read 38 times)

Cyberic

I'll start practicing that in case I need it some day.

Mr MattM

I peed on the run during my first BQ marathon.  I had missed my BQ by 3 minutes in a marathon 7 weeks earlier... and there was no way I was stopping.  It is surprisingly difficult to pee on the run...

be curious; not judgmental

onemile

Pro tip - pee while going downhill.

LRB

I have to pee.

Baboon

delicate flower

I swear to God if I get sprayed by urine during my race.  I'd rather get spit on or hit by an errant snot rocket.

<3

onemile

I have to pee.

always have to pee.

Cyberic

Pro tip - pee while going downhill.

Running backwards

Cyberic

I peed on the run during my first BQ marathon.  I had missed my BQ by 3 minutes in a marathon 7 weeks earlier... and there was no way I was stopping.  It is surprisingly difficult to pee on the run...

Runshortii

6 miles, partially in the rain.  Felt good to run not in 80 degree weather with the sun blazing

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran.  4.1 mostly easy miles except for one big focking hill in mile 4.  7:57 avg pace for the run.

For the month:

Swim:  25.4 miles

Bike:  436.8 miles (a PR)

Run:  131.7 miles

57 hours, 41 minutes of training time.  A PR.  (cripes, that's pushing a two hour a day average)

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.55 slow. I felt every damn muscle in my ass thanks to yesterday's strength training.

onemile

I'm trying to manage a niggle in my left Achilles... I'm running with some discomfort... and it sucks.

My achilles have been a PITA(nkle) lately.  What are you doing to try to manage it? I have been doing nothing and it's not working. 

onemile

7 miles in the rain + a half assed lunchtime yoga class.

DavePNW

My achilles have been a PITA(nkle) lately.  What are you doing to try to manage it? I have been doing nothing and it's not working. 

Never mind then, that was going to be my suggestion. That's what I always do.

Dave

Cyberic

Find the shoes that make them hurt the less, and wear those as much as possible.

Do they hurt all along your run? Or the pain subsides after about a mile in your run? In my case the pain disappeared or almost disappeared during my runs, so I just toughed it out. I'm speaking in the past although it's not 100% yet, but it barely bothers me anymore.