Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies: Wake up and go to work. (Read 38 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jetta and I got in an easy 4.2 miles this evening with Jumpstart, while pushing Dorian in the stroller.

I would say I am about 50%, my legs are still feeling a bit like lead but other than that and the heat... wasn't too bad.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Find the shoes that make them hurt the less, and wear those as much as possible.

Do they hurt all along your run? Or the pain subsides after about a mile in your run? In my case the pain disappeared or almost disappeared during my runs, so I just toughed it out. I'm speaking in the past although it's not 100% yet, but it barely bothers me anymore.

I haven't quite figured out the puzzle.  Yesterday I wore my Ravennas (traditional drop/support) and my achilles were fine (7 easy miles). Today I wore the same shoe and they hurt for most of my run.  Sometimes they hurt when I wear the Saucony Kinvara (low drop/neutral). Sometimes they don't.  Same with the Mirage (low drop/light support).

Sometimes it hurts for my warm up and goes away. Sometimes they are sore for my entire run, getting worse toward the later miles.  Sometimes they feel very sore after a hard effort. Sometimes they feel very sore after an easy effort.

Most mornings they are very tight and sore when I first get up.  Yesterday they hurt whenever I got up from sitting for the initial first steps but then when I ran they felt perfectly fine from the start.

It's both of them, not just one.  I have always tended to have calf problems (tight calf, two calf injuries. bad calf cramps sometimes)...

Runshortii

My achilles have been a PITA(nkle) lately.  What are you doing to try to manage it? I have been doing nothing and it's not working. 

I had really bad Achilles tendonitis in the L foot. I started doing eccentric calf raises (if you google it there's tons of links) because it's supposedly supposed to help. My Achilles has been much better and I didn't really take any time off either

onemile

I had really bad Achilles tendonitis in the L foot. I started doing eccentric calf raises (if you google it there's tons of links) because it's supposedly supposed to help. My Achilles has been much better and I didn't really take any time off either

I remember doing those one of the times I injured a calf. I will try.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, sorry about the achilles.

Ended up running 5 with hubby after Pilates.

Damaris

Cyberic

I remember doing those one of the times I injured a calf. I will try.

I would try that, also light static stretches (very light, I have a tendency to overdo it and make things worse).

Also, have you tried taking ibuprofen? I hate taking pills as much as the next guy, but maybe a couple of days of keeping inflammation down can help?

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/ankle-achilles-shin-pain/achilles-tendonitis/strengthening-exercises-achilles-tendinitis