Beginners and Beyond

Penguins' March Weight Loss Challenge (Read 53 times)

Still hanging at 152.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Half Crazy K 2.0

Up 1 to 145.

Zelanie

Up 1 to 145.

Well at least I have some company on the positive end of the table.

hog4life

My wife uses an app to help count calories, so now I got it to. Boy do I have a lot to learn! It's MyFitnessPal, any of yall use it?

Half Crazy K 2.0

My wife uses an app to help count calories, so now I got it to. Boy do I have a lot to learn! It's MyFitnessPal, any of yall use it?

I've used Lose It, Shape Up (I think that was the name) and Spark People. Spark People kept crashing, so I deleted it. Lose It was ok and had a much better selection of foods. I stopped using it because it was just getting to be a chore & I *know* what I need to do, it is the matter of do I really want to do it. I think the apps are helpful in that you really have to think about everything you eat--so you can't forget that you had that cookie from the office counter.

tracilynn

I use LOSE IT also and like it. You can scan barcodes in. It's very user friendly.

~~~~~~~

Traci

I've been using my fitness pal for a couple of years. I log every day and try to log all my food. I like it a lot. I'd have a really long streak except it didn't count the days I logged but didn't have WiFi when I was on a cruise. Arg, I love streaks.

Amazonian Princess

From Mr. and Mrs. Yo-Yo Dieter:

Baconista gained 5.2 lbs

Mr. Bacon gained 4.9 lbs

Late night snacks + no time for the gym + birthday M & M's = 

I can. I will. I am. 

Zelanie

Kim is now in first place, with two people still to check in for this week.

Mitch, I've been using either the Fitbit tracker or the Weight Watchers one.  It seems like there's pretty consistent evidence that people who track what they eat, in some way, eat less.  So that sounds like a no brainer.

I lost my 100 pounds with daily tracking.   I haven't been as consistent lately, and my weight hasn't been either.

But, when I went up the conference this past week, I also didn't track.  I just focused on trying to eat well without stressing too much over every little bite and how much of this or that I was having.  I ate what they served at meals, avoided the pastries, didn't keep snacks in my room, and did fine.  It felt pretty good not to be obsessing over what I was eating all the time.

So now I'm not sure what I should do.  Is it self-deception to feel like I just need to focus on taking good care of myself, and to have that be the focus of my food (and everything really) rather than how much of this and that I'm having?  Or is that just excuse making on my part?  I was pretty snacky yesterday when I got home (hadn't eaten much since the mass food poisoning outbreak up there), but seem to have pulled it together since then.

on my way to badass

Up 1.4.  Back where I was 2 weeks ago. 

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

hog4life

Thanks for the input. So far, after one day, HA, it seems ok. It set me up for 2300 calories per day. I went over by 25 calories yesterday, so hoping today is better. I'll look at "Lose It" too.

Brilliant

Up 1.4.  Back where I was 2 weeks ago. 

I'm at 141 this weekend.  I'm losing ground, too! Sad  I think this is what happens when you stop running after a marathon,

Hip Redux

I purchased some Meal Enders last week.   They're supposed to help curb eating more after a meal, by giving you something a little sweet that then cleanses the palate.   So far, it's been helpful after dinner and they taste pretty decent for a non-candy candy.

Half Crazy K 2.0

My work is doing a 2 month fruit & vegetable challenge starting Monday. 4 servings of each per day. Veggies is easy, I bring a huge salad for lunch each day that is likely more than 4 servings. Fruit may be more of a challenge, not sure by measurement, but I usually have 2 servings. Guess I'll be doing the no treats until I get all those servings. Maybe that will be the kick I need.

on my way to badass

Down 1.  I started a 5k training cycle for a goal race.  Losing a few pounds would go a long way to a PR.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28