Beginners and Beyond

FFSaturday! (Read 44 times)

delicate flower

Happy Weekend, running fanatics!  Anybody up yet?  I was going to get up super early to get my long (6 miles) run in, but I slept a little late and now I am drinking coffee and farting around on the internet.   Meh, I'll get it done.  I headed to the Boston area this morning as well to pick up my new tri bike.  HOORAY!  Very excited.

Racers today:

09/19 wcrunner2 - North Coast 24

09/19 irishguy - Mendham Mountain Goat 12 Hour Run

09/19 hog4life - Hartselle Half Marathon (Pushing with Ainsley's Angels)

09/19 StepbyStep-SH - La Crescent Applefest Run to the Edge 5K

Good luck, kiddos!  I see George has a 100% chance of heavy rain for his 24 hour endurance race.  

<3

delicate flower

As an aside, there is a HM today that I had to skip because of marathon training.  Conditions for that race right now are 72 degrees with a 68 dew point.  Worse than what I had last week!

<3

Cyberic

Good luck to all our racers. George and IrishGuy both have extreme endurance races. I can't even picture myself running one of those. Mitch and Step are running distances I'm more familiar with. I wish you all the best,

I might be running today, or not. If I do, it's gonna be a very easy 3 miler, ideally with one of the kids to keep my mind busy 'coaching'. But since they both have soccer this morning, it might not happen.

StepbyStep-SH

Good luck, racers!

I'm not sure I can count myself as a "racer" since this route is hilly and I'm doing it with DS, so I'm sure we'll walk a few of the bigger hills. Of course, when it's time to turn around and come back down the biggest one, the little stinker is probably going to take off like a bat outta hell and beat me by 2 or 3 minutes since I can't run hard down hills.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Cyberic

It better be nice and cool!  That's why I'm going there!

I'm happy for you Damaris (and for me). For a september event, it will be nice running weather.

From the Internet.

Oof. 7 miles of rolling hills, done. That was a hard-fought 30 mile week!

B-Plus

Good luck to the racers!

LRB

Good luck to the racers!

lol

LRB

Happy Weekend, running fanatics!  Anybody up yet?

Hi.

I spent most of my morning staring aimlessly into space, thinking about something, nothing and everything simultaneously. By the time I got outside to run dressed like the attention 'ho bag that I am, it was pouring buckets! So off went the fly shoes and fly top, and on went the dirty shoes and short sleeve top (yes, I actually have one of those. One!).

I do not run in it often and I all I can say is that I was hot as hell wearing that thing. The rain, while nice did not really flush away the heat. As such the 4 miles is done and now its' time to do what I do: ESU.

MTA: the 4 miles ARE done FFS.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good luck to everybody racing today!

This morning I woke up at 4:30 and headed to the gym first, figured I'd rather run the dogs on the trails in daylight than darkness. So I went in for Biceps, Triceps and Chest - an hour

Standing Barbell Curls: 5 sets / 6 reps / 60 lbs
                      Triceps Overhead: 25lbsX12reps, 27.5lbsX8reps, 25lbsX12reps, 27.5lbsX8reps, 25lbsX12reps
                      Incline Chest Press: 90lbsX10reps, 100lbsX8reps, 90lbsX10reps, 100lbsX8reps, 90lbsX10reps
                      Standing Triceps Cable Pull Down: 5 sets / 8 reps / 70 lbs
                      Concentration Dumbbell Curls: 27.5lbsX6reps, 25lbsX10reps, 27.5lbsX6reps, 25lbsX10reps, 27.5lbsX6reps
                      Fly Delts: 80lbsX8reps, 4 sets / 8 reps / 85 lbs
                      Triceps Dumbbell Kickbacks: 5 sets / 10 reps / 20 lbs

Then we headed to the trails, apparently I am so far out of the loop that I didn't know about this trail race going on. Had to stop quite a few times to hold on to the K9's. The plan was to run 4 but I was feeling pretty damn good so we ended up with 5.3 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

My first meal of the day is done, yummy!

I have a massage coming up here at 11:00 where hopefully I will find myself on another planet for 90 minutes.

See you!

onemile

I ran 5.

Dave

workinprogress11

StepbyStep-SH

First place 9 & under, 30:20, on this course:

This is the face of a happy boy.

And all the fast ladies in their 40s were across town running a new half-marathon, because my 30:45 time ended up third in my AG. In past years I've run this race 4-5 minutes faster than that and not placed.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.