Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 43 times)

LRB

I DO have two kids that I know of...

Crap, and you were on such a nice streak.

Baboon

delicate flower

11 miles at 8:12 pace on a hill route.  86 degrees.  This heat is beginning to break my spirit.  It's the middle of fucking September!

<3

onemile

I love to race in red, or some variation that includes it.

How are the temps? Any lower?

Pretty much the same.  Low 50s and sunny during the time of the race.

onemile

11 miles at 8:12 pace on a hill route.  86 degrees.  This heat is beginning to break my spirit.  It's the middle of fucking September!

Don't worry,  the storms bringing the cooler weather just started.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Don't get me started...

Damaris

Cyberic

Don't get me started...

lol

I used tank top instead of singlet. Is there a difference between the two? What LRB posted,what is that? Mine is similar, except more plain. And I have a blue one, because I look good in blue 

LRB

Don't get me started...

And to think, you actually had an opportunity to move to Chicago.

LRB

lol

I used tank top instead of singlet. Is there a difference between the two? What LRB posted,what is that? Mine is similar, except more plain. And I have a blue one, because I look good in blue 

There's tank top, sleeveless and singlet. The difference is supposed to be the width of the shoulder strap but different companies do different things so tank tops and singlets are essentially one in the same.

Sleeveless tops are known as muscle shirts here, or they were back in my day. Not sure what they're calling them these days.

DavePNW

It is so much easier to just run in the shirts they give you at races.

Dave

happylily

Cy, LRB is right. A tank top is more like what a woman would wear, with thin straps. A singlet has wider shoulder straps. Probably what you have.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

I thought singlets were loose fitting and tank tops were fitted.

Cyberic

It is so much easier to just run in the shirts they give you at races.

But... Dave... those have sleeves! If I were more game, I would race shirtless. But I'm not. So a singlet it is.

Tonight I will be having my last fat supper (poutine) of the cycle, and my last beers of the cycle.

LRB

I thought singlets were loose fitting and tank tops were fitted.

I couldn't argue it either way. We tried to settle it way back on the BF but I cannot recall how that turned out. I always use the term singlet because to me it applies to athletics, not necessarily casual wear as tank tops sometimes are.

LRB

It is so much easier simpler to just run in the shirts they give you at races.

I'm complicated, apparently.

Cyberic

I couldn't argue it either way. We tried to settle it way back on the BF but I cannot recall how that turned out. I always use the term singlet because to me it applies to athletics, not necessarily casual wear as tank tops sometimes are.

If you use singlet, I'll use the word singlet also.