Beginners and Beyond

Mo sun, Mo heat, MonDAILIES (Read 47 times)

B-Plus

I'm told there is usually about a week every summer you wish you had it. So people don't bother having it. This summer has been very unusual.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What's up peeps? I heard that I've been missed  But seriously, motivation has been dragging over the last couple days and I just haven't been on out of plain laziness.  I ran this morning and hit the gym - more details later when I am on a computer, not my phone.

DH likes the offices at 76, I'd rather them at 73, at home right now the a/c is at 74 but the heat has kept the actual temp at 78 . Normally I like it at 69, but gave up a few weeks ago. I cannot describe how violent the heat can make me, but it can get ugly once inside temp reaches 73 and outside reaches 85.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I cannot wear anything with sparkles while running there for fear they would fall off!

Well, darn...gotta put your pasties away then....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What's up peeps? I heard that I've been missed  But seriously, motivation has been dragging over the last couple days and I just haven't been on out of plain laziness.  I ran this morning and hit the gym - more details later when I am on a computer, not my phone.

DH likes the offices at 76, I'd rather them at 73, at home right now the a/c is at 74 but the heat has kept the actual temp at 78 . Normally I like it at 69, but gave up a few weeks ago. I cannot describe how violent the heat can make me, but it can get ugly once inside temp reaches 73 and outside reaches 85.

Welcome back, FFS.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Welcome back, FFS.

You guys can't get rid of me 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

cjones1

Speaking of A/C, just found out my wife's van needs the air compressor and the related components replaced. Based on the quote, they are made of solid gold. 

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Speaking of A/C, just found out my wife's van needs the air compressor and the related components replaced. Based on the quote, they are made of solid gold. 

Ugh. That's another thing on all the time. Our car ACs.

Damaris

Cyberic

Based on the quote, they are made of solid gold. 

Lol

Cyberic

I'm told there is usually about a week every summer you wish you had it. So people don't bother having it. This summer has been very unusual.

*Ominous voice* You ain't seen nothing yet, mortals!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

A short, quick run just to get in one today, 3.1 miles in the hot sun. Who said only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

*Ominous voice* You ain't seen nothing yet, mortals!

You are talking about Seattle, though. LOL.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have been walking all over today in a black suit and high heels.  Feet are tired and I feel like I was in a sauna all day.

Damaris

LRB

A short, quick run just to get in one today, 3.1 miles in the hot sun.

A 5k trot is about as long as one should be out in that crap.

Baboon

delicate flower

I decided to take a rest today, and the heat certainly didn't make me regret that decision.  I'm tired.  I won't call it a URD though, since it's a recovery week and I'll run whenever the hell I feel like it.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Home now, so far the first 2 weeks of my MRT has sucked and last week was worse mainly due to lack of motivation  Due to no longer being able to count on my training to go according to plan I am going to take advantage of every chance I get to run, and by Saturday if it looks like I am too far ahead I'll just take Saturday off or cut back on Saturday.

Honestly, how many weeks do you really need for MRT? I had 18 weeks planned but it has been tough and I am only 2 weeks into it 

Anyways, I ran 3.2 miles this morning (supposed to be my no run day) and then 55 minutes at the gym on Shoulders/Delts

Cable Face Pulls: 6 sets / 12 reps / 70 lbs
                                Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 15lbsX12reps, 17.5lbsX8reps, 15lbsX12reps
                                Torso Rotation: 4 sets / 12 reps / 75 lbs
                                Converging Plate Loaded Overhead Press : 5 sets / 8 reps / 80 lbs
                                Rear Delt: 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps
                                Front Plate Raises: 5 sets / 20 reps / 35 lbs

PRs