Beginners and Beyond

The 1st Fridailies (Read 33 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I never heard of a windbreaker vest.  Sounds like a great idea.  I'll have to see where I can find one.

+someexponetniallyhighnumber for vests!

In addition to being great for running, I love that I can wear the same exact ones when playing golf too.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

DavePNW

I see I'm not the only one who accumulates sweat in the bends of my elbows.  No frost there.

LOL that was the first thing I noticed too, after the jacket. Elbow-pit sweat accumulates regardless of conditions.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

It's hoodie, god dammit.

<3

Bert-o

I lost my rama

It's hoodie, god dammit.

If you're trying to be hip, then I'll go with that. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I don't need to do this ALL the time, just until I'm sure the color has set enough so it won't run out onto my clothes... which should be any day now.  But this lovely weather gives me a few more days to try things out.

I bet you can keep a shower cap on with a buff.....

No need to get high before either.

3/17 - NYC Half

sdWhiskers

Rest day for me.

Imo, the most important running gear for rain is a visor or hat. Of course, I never deal with rain and cold together... I'm usually running in a tank during the few bits of rain we get each year. Not sure if a hat (rather than a hood) would solve Blue's hair woes though. I have learned that when it's raining I need to braid my pony tail or the aftermath is a tangled nightmare.

bluerun

Super B****

I bet you can keep a shower cap on with a buff.....

No need to get high before either.

I have several buffs.  I am some special kind of idiot because I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use them... they're all, "so versatile!" and I'm just... this is a tube of fabric that doesn't do anything.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Rest day for me.

Imo, the most important running gear for rain is a visor or hat. Of course, I never deal with rain and cold together... I'm usually running in a tank during the few bits of rain we get each year. Not sure if a hat (rather than a hood) would solve Blue's hair woes though. I have learned that when it's raining I need to braid my pony tail or the aftermath is a tangled nightmare.

Oh, no, I wore a hat under the hood because I need to keep the rain out of my eyes!  But hats are made to be breathable (as they should be), so my hair would get wet, and that's what I'm trying to avoid.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

RunningOnSand - from yesterday - planted some zucchini seeds, which are sprouting already, some hot peppers and carrots, which are not yet, and bought some already-started lettuce, tomato, eggplant, and marigolds from the local farm, which I'm watering and crossing fingers I don't kill now, lol.

I played hooky from school to trail run yesterday. A+ decision. 4 miles, 75 minutes, 1000+ feet of climb, some scrambling on rocks with hands and feet. The weather was great (82 and I wore long sleeves because I'm insane), the views of Boston from the first peak were lovely, I was in my happy place until I came back to reality today. I have several sick days left so I'ma be taking a couple more trail run days between now and the end of the school year. Quick swim in the evening.

Slept through my alarm so maybe a rest day today.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I have several buffs.  I am some special kind of idiot because I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use them... they're all, "so versatile!" and I'm just... this is a tube of fabric that doesn't do anything.

Ok, maybe you do need to get high to wear a buff...

....kidding, of course. 

3/17 - NYC Half

Baboon

delicate flower

I've been trying to use my previously unused Instagram account a little more because it's less bullshitty than facebook.  Maybe it's because I'm pretty new to it, but nothing happens there.

<3

DavePNW

I've been trying to use my previously unused Instagram account a little more because it's less bullshitty than facebook.  Maybe it's because I'm pretty new to it, but nothing happens there.

I do not have an account, but I need to sign up so I can keep track of what my son is up to.

Dave

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I do not have an account, but I need to sign up so I can keep track of what my son is up to.

I'd give you a 80% chance that you'd regret that decision.

3/17 - NYC Half

LRB

Probably why I love it.

Cyberic

I have an account just to follow my daughter's account. I never really go, so I'm not doing a very good job.