Beginners and Beyond

Sunny for now Saturdailies (Read 36 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Getting ready to head out for some miles. We're getting the crap from the midwest starting tonight.  Maybe some ice, don't know.

What does everyone have planned today?

DavePNW

What does everyone have planned today?

Carbs. Baked egg nog French toast for breakfast. Expo later.

Dave

delicate flower

3 mile warm and humid jog.  Oof.  On root to the expo now.  DW moved my flight home from Monday to Tuesday due to the coming storm.  Hooray!!!

Good luck tomorrow, Dave!!

<3

Planned? Leaves.

Yesterday: 7 mi stream grade, wanted at least  8 but started getting cramps in right hams and had to walk the last mile.... had taken two days off in hopes that would help. That didn’t work 

Today: 3mi bumps and up and down the shallow gutter hill, easy pace.

Have to keep reminding myself that I’m better now than a year ago.

DavePNW

Right back atcha!

What’s the protocol for racing in the Boston shirt?

My standard race shirt is short sleeves. Based on the previous forecasts of start temp ~30, I planned to go with that shirt over LS base layer. However the forecast now is 36 at the start, 38-39 at the finish. I think that’s probably only single LS shirt weather. And I have one most favorite LS shirt.

Dave

GinnyinPA

Dave - wear the shirt. You probably won't be the only one. Have fun.

Baboon - good luck tomorrow. Nice that you get an extra day to enjoy the sunshine.

I'm thinking of doing 12 or so this afternoon. We have a possible ice storm forecast for tomorrow and I'd rather not spend two hours on the TM at this point.

onemile

Right back atcha!

My standard race shirt is short sleeves. Based on the previous forecasts of start temp ~30, I planned to go with that shirt over LS base layer. However the forecast now is 36 at the start, 38-39 at the finish. I think that’s probably only single LS shirt weather. And I have one most favorite LS shirt.

totally wear it.

onemile

I ran 8

Runshortii

SRD. I have 13 to do tomorrow. We’re having our thanksgiving today so I should probably start cooking something

LRB

Right back atcha!

It's no coincidence that the B&B BFFs are racing on the same day; Go get 'em!

#crew

DavePNW

the forecast now is 36 at the start, 38-39 at the finish. 

LOL of course the downside of warming up a little is that now a chance of rain is coming back into the forecast. Only 25-35%, but still, in the mid-upper 30s it would not be welcome.

Dave

LRB

Right back atcha!

Think about how you'll feel at the halfway point when deciding whether or not to wear a LS. At that point, you'll still have 90+ minutes to race.

In my opinion, those temps are perfect for your standard SS top with thin gloves (would be a singlet for me). No way I'd double up in anything. The Boston shirt is thicker than the average LS, just something to consider...or not.

Half Crazy K 2.0

10 miles, ran over to the county park and did a quick loop on the trails. Tons of trees down, probably from the crazy storm that rolled through over the summer.

Good luck tomorrow Dave PNW and Baboon! Dave, I'd wear the long sleeves with the chance of rain. I can always push up the sleeves if needed, but I like having a layer on me in rain.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Woke up this morning and looked outside, it looked like the sky opened up over night. Our driveway was flooded, fields flooded.... I knew exactly what those pancake flat trails would be like (life living in a flood plain).

After spending Thursday evening with family and food, then Friday afternoon with some family and leftovers, and of course I've got tonight with DH's family....

I just didn't want to be around people this morning, if any of you are introverts with anxieties you'll understand. My soul needed recharging so Jetta and I headed to Lincoln State Park and ran 6 miles.

60% of the trails were flooded, we even landed in hip deep water (fun fun), the other 40% was wet and muddy and loads of leaves. It was 41 degrees and rain, lots of rain......

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Think about how you'll feel at the halfway point when deciding whether or not to wear a LS. At that point, you'll still have 90+ minutes to race.

In my opinion, those temps are perfect for your standard SS top with thin gloves (would be a singlet for me). No way I'd double up in anything. The Boston shirt is thicker than the average LS, just something to consider...or not.

I would definitely go LS

MTA: Not sure anymore. Keep thinking Freezing Point is 37 degrees, for some reason...

Tough call, for sure.