Beginners and Beyond

Foot in Mouth Disease FriDAILIES (Read 41 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 3 miles and weights tonight.  Waiting to check in for my flight tomorrow.  Looks like we are good so I don't expect the flight to be canceled.  I just hope the flight is on time.

Go, racers!

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Um, registered for a 10k?

Shall I rephrase to...  WHY THE **** DID I DO THAT??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

D, how is that damn hurricane looking? Radios were saying category 4, friends on facebook saying could be category 5 (all of this was like yesterday) and now DH is hearing online that it turned out to only be a category 3..........

Jetta and I ran 7.1 miles this morning, and I felt slow and sluggish for the first 5 miles damn it. And to think, my next marathon training cycle begins next week  Good thing it's a trail marathon and not a road, all I have to really focus on is finishing the bitch.

Oh, and my Hound from Hell this morning

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Better.

I don't know. The prevailing thought here yesterday was that you shouldn't. Maybe you like going against the grain?

I don't think it's the worst thing ever, but I tend to do my own thing.

bluerun

Super B****

Better.

I don't know. The prevailing thought here yesterday was that you shouldn't. Maybe you like going against the grain?

I don't think it's the worst thing ever, but I tend to do my own thing.

Oh, I'm not talking about the stupidity (or lack thereof) of racing two weeks prior to a marathon.  I'm talking about the fact that I registered for a 10K when I hate them and I suck at them.  But I'm BRILLIANT, so that explains it.

chasing the impossible

LRB

I ran 7.5 at a pace of lol.

I'm sure I looked ridiculous, because it certainly felt like I was shuffling, not running.

Oh well, I feel okay otherwise. Just gotta get through two more runs then flip the page on week 8 of 12.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

D, how is that damn hurricane looking? Radios were saying category 4, friends on facebook saying could be category 5 (all of this was like yesterday) and now DH is hearing online that it turned out to only be a category 3..........

Jetta and I ran 7.1 miles this morning, and I felt slow and sluggish for the first 5 miles damn it. And to think, my next marathon training cycle begins next week  Good thing it's a trail marathon and not a road, all I have to really focus on is finishing the bitch.

Oh, and my Hound from Hell this morning

We had nothing from the hurricane.  Fortunately, it squiggled to the right at 5pm and saved most of Florida from the eye.  Cause the winds left of the eye were bad enough.  Cocoa Beach is getting pummeled right now.

Cute, Jetta!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

We had nothing from the hurricane.  Fortunately, it squiggled to the right at 5pm and saved most of Florida from the eye.  Cause the winds left of the eye were bad enough.  Cocoa Beach is getting pummeled right now.

Cute, Jetta!

Does it look like it's going to loop back or fade?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

DavePNW

Because your anxiety level was slightly flagging, so you had to do something to juice it back up a little.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Because your anxiety level was slightly flagging, so you had to do something to juice it back up a little.

This is not a problem I have.  EVER.

Though if I'm going to psychoanalyze myself... maybe it's because I feel compelled to do something I'm not good at to prove that this HM was a fluke. 

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Does it look like it's going to loop back or fade?

Both.  It will loop back AND fade, LOL.

Damaris

Cyberic

The peer pressure here is weird.

Well, this IS a running forum. I expect people encouraging me to run more when I come here, not necessarily to give me the best advice 

LRB

Well, this IS a running forum. I expect people encouraging me to run more when I come here, not necessarily to give me the best advice 

There are running forums that will tell you to go bite it if you don't meet certain "criteria" for running a marathon. Whereas, the only criteria here is that you have a credit card. lol

onemile

I ran 7.5 at a pace of lol.

I'm sure I looked ridiculous, because it certainly felt like I was shuffling, not running.

Oh well, I feel okay otherwise. Just gotta get through two more runs then flip the page on week 8 of 12.

8:45 is an lol pace now 

Already at 45 miles and two days left...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Both.  It will loop back AND fade, LOL.

Lol well that is good news.

PRs